Ciao! My grandmother's maiden name was "Paris" and she came from Alberona, Foggia. I know Paris must have had a vowel at the end of it at some point, but not sure which one! Emails to the comune in Italy have gone unanswered (big surprise) and I was wondering if anyone else might have an idea where I could look next.
Grazie!
Surname "Paris" from Alberona, Foggia, Italy
Re: Surname "Paris" from Alberona, Foggia, Italy
Hello!
Checking the Ellis Island site there were folks from Alberona with the surname Paris
http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html
The Italian White pages still list a Paris in Alberona
http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?l=e ... v=Alberona
Did your grandmother emigrate to the US? If she did, do you have her ship manifest?
Thank you, Valarie
Checking the Ellis Island site there were folks from Alberona with the surname Paris
http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html
The Italian White pages still list a Paris in Alberona
http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?l=e ... v=Alberona
Did your grandmother emigrate to the US? If she did, do you have her ship manifest?
Thank you, Valarie
Re: Surname "Paris" from Alberona, Foggia, Italy
Yeah, everything always said "Paris" but we just assumed they dropped a vowel. Funny - I guess not! Thanks!

