Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
The Italian Consulate in Miami is the location I will be using to apply for citizenship.
Unless I am misreading the link they sent me, am I correct in that they charge $2.50/minute to speak with them on the phone? And appointments are up to two years out?? http://www.consmiami.esteri.it/Consolat ... tadinanza/
I paid a flat rate of $25.00 to make a citizenship appointment for my sister with the Philadelphia Italian Consulate. She was given a date in early October (this year) but that's because I did all the work for our family 12 years ago and she need only add her own birth and marriage certificates. The Miami link you're reading would more than likely be correct.
Italians have not invented coffee, yet the passion they have for it makes the rest of world believe they discovered it. Around the end of the sixteen century, it was Venice where coffee was first introduced. Thanks to its trade relationship with the Eastern countries. Initially, coffee was considere...