Bodio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Lucia

Bodio

Post by Lucia »

Good evening,

I am now trying to locate some information about the Bodio side of my family (from the Ispra area). Cesare Bodio was married to Virginia Pedroni (they were my great grandparents). According to a hand written family tree Cesare's parents were - Giuseppe Bodio and his Generosa (Tedeschi). Virginia Pedroni's parents were - Giuseppe Pedroni and Teresa Brunella.

I am mainly interested in any information for Giuseppe & Generosa Bodio and Giuseppe and Teresa Brunella.

I am trying all available resources before I start ordering anything from the state of Massachusetts or Ispra Italy.

Thank you very much :)
Families of interest: Gallerani, Bodio
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Bodio

Post by Tessa78 »

Lucia wrote:Good evening,

I am now trying to locate some information about the Bodio side of my family (from the Ispra area). Cesare Bodio was married to Virginia Pedroni (they were my great grandparents). According to a hand written family tree Cesare's parents were - Giuseppe Bodio and his Generosa (Tedeschi). Virginia Pedroni's parents were - Giuseppe Pedroni and Teresa Brunella.

I am mainly interested in any information for Giuseppe & Generosa Bodio and Giuseppe and Teresa Brunella.

I am trying all available resources before I start ordering anything from the state of Massachusetts or Ispra Italy.

Thank you very much :)
Online records that I have found begin in 1929 ...

But here is the POSSIBLE death record in Ispra for Giuseppe Bodio :-)
Death in 1932 at age 85, which would put his birth year about 1847.

Record #6
Dated 31 January 1932
Before the official appeared Fortunato Pedroli, 55, stone mason residing in Ispra; and Fedele Bodio, 49, peasant farmer residing in Ispra, to declare that at 8 PM yesterday [30th] at the place at Via Rozzolo #9, died GIUSEPPE BODIO, age 85, peasant farmer residing in Ispra., born in Ispra to deceased Cipriano, peasant farmer residing here in his lifetime; and to deceased Lucia Tedeschi, peasant farmer residing here in her lifetime;
Widower of Generosa Tedeschi.
Witnesses to the record: Carlo Magistri, 55, messenger; and Giuseppe Zanellini(?), 51, clerk.

Click once to enlarge and again to magnify
left side of image

T.
Lucia

Post by Lucia »

Thank you for your help!!! :) It looks like it may be time write the commune or further information on Cipriano, Lucia and Generosa. :)
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

:D Hi Lucia!
I have researched another Bodio family, for one Ermenegildo (Virgilio) Bodio who died in 1914 in Hillcrest Mine disaster .(Canada)and was born in Angera, a village near Ispra, in 1891
Just in case I had a look at my notes, but I didn't find a connection to your Bodio family. (No big surprise, the surname is very common here).
Good luck for your research!
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
Lucia

Post by Lucia »

Paola,

Well, you might have just answered another question about my family - there was a Ermenegildo (born about 1891) that listed Giuseppe Bodio as his father back in Barzola, Italy. I was wondering if the name of the town was spelled correctly? So this gentleman may not belong on my tree. I do have a family picture with a person by that name. I have attached the photo. Please let me know if this might be the same person. Thank you for your help :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Hi Lucia
Barzola is a frazione (hamlet) of the comune of Angera.
Ermenegildo Bodio was the son of Giuseppe Bodio and Carolina Robbia
He was born in Barzola 6 Oct 1891 and baptized 7 Oct in the parish church of Angera. His godparents were Marco Bodio and Giuseppina Bodio.
Giuseppe and Carolina, both peasants, were married in Ranco, another village nearby, 17 Feb 1889
They had (at least) another son, Enrico Silvestro, born 9 Aug 1895. Godparents Silvestro Brovelli and Catterina Bodio.
Does any of those names ring a bell?
But Ermenegildo went to Canada and died there in 1914, so I don't know if he can be the person in your photo... :?
Hope this is helpful! I am researching the emigration from the area of Lake Maggiore.
Ciao :D
Paola
Lucia

Post by Lucia »

Yes, it was very helpful - thank you!!! None of the names match up with my Bodio family tree. Thank you for your help :)

Ciao!!!
Lucia
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Happy to help :D
Paola
verronicka

Post by verronicka »

paola52 wrote: 10 Apr 2014, 17:15 Hi Lucia
Barzola is a frazione (hamlet) of the comune of Angera.
Ermenegildo Bodio was the son of Giuseppe Bodio and Carolina Robbia
He was born in Barzola 6 Oct 1891 and baptized 7 Oct in the parish church of Angera. His godparents were Marco Bodio and Giuseppina Bodio.
Giuseppe and Carolina, both peasants, were married in Ranco, another village nearby, 17 Feb 1889
They had (at least) another son, Enrico Silvestro, born 9 Aug 1895. Godparents Silvestro Brovelli and Catterina Bodio.
Does any of those names ring a bell?
But Ermenegildo went to Canada and died there in 1914, so I don't know if he can be the person in your photo... :?
Hope this is helpful! I am researching the emigration from the area of Lake Maggiore.
Ciao :D
Paola
I think this may have something remotely to do with my family, as well! I am trying to figure out how I am related to the Brovelli family, and the Furigas and Beverinas (my grandparents' last names).