Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by VaDeb »

Here are census images
1910 New York Kings
http://img71.echo.cx/img71/332/1910vilardi6kl.jpg


1900 NJ Hudson Co.
Villardi, Frank, 32y, immigrated 1891, PA (I think) so probably filed in NJ
--, Catherine, 22y, immigrated 1891
--, Antonio, 2y,
http://img90.echo.cx/img90/3245/1900vilardi4gd.jpg

NARA - naturalization records
http://www.archives.gov/research_room/g ... ation.html

YOu may also have to check the state courts.

Debbie
User avatar
PattiMac
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 23 May 2005, 00:00
Location: New York

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by PattiMac »

Thanks Debbie...

I'll give it a try.

Much appreciated. Patti
User avatar
PattiMac
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 23 May 2005, 00:00
Location: New York

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by PattiMac »

You know what's weird.. I printed out the 1900 census. It lists Head of household as Frank when the 1910 one said Ignatz. However, I am sure it is right because all the other information matches. In addition, my father has a copy of the birth certificate of my grandfather that he had a copy made of and it listed his father as Frank and we thought it was an error.

Why so many different names .. just makes things more complicated to find.
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by VaDeb »

Who knows why so many names. First and middle name, possibly. Was Ignatz too difficult for America and he got the nickname Frank? It through me off too at first. But the 1910 census says children born in NJ. Wife was correct and first son matched also. YOu have to keep an open mind as you search for ancestors.

Debbie
User avatar
PattiMac
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 23 May 2005, 00:00
Location: New York

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by PattiMac »

My husband said he probably he was in the Mafia... He was just kidding... I hope...

What a great help you have been. I now have birth months and years for them. Amazing how much you can find out through the internet... Next I will try to get the Naturalization papers.

You may see me back on here again when I do the other parts of the family.

Patti Thanks again.
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by VaDeb »

The naturalization papers should tell you where in Italy they were from. We still haven't found a passenger manifest. At least narrowed down the year of immigration and ages.

Debbie

OH, for the family in NJ. The state archives are in Trenton. The staff is wonderful and they have free off street parking. YOu can go there and look up the birth records of the children yourself if you want. Records are available up till 1920 for births.

Debbie
User avatar
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1302
Joined: 06 Oct 2003, 00:00

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by VaDeb »

I found Ignazio immigration record. 1891 NY (towards bottom line 357)


http://img97.echo.cx/img97/1663/1891ignazio8ys.jpg

Unfortunately not much information.

Debbie
User avatar
PattiMac
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 23 May 2005, 00:00
Location: New York

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by PattiMac »

Shame it doesn't have boat info or anything else... I still need to speak with my dad ... his may be the one immigration paper we have.
User avatar
rileym7
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 23:51
Location: new york

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by rileym7 »

could this be them

Polizzi Generosa
marriage and marriage banns index 1869

Lorenzo Sausa m. Catterina Filippone

http://www.polizzigenerosaisnellogeneal ... gspot.com/
User avatar
rileym7
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 23:51
Location: new york

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by rileym7 »

:D probably a good idea to look at the last post date before adding a comment
User avatar
PattiMac
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 23 May 2005, 00:00
Location: New York

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by PattiMac »

That's quite alright. I am always open for more information. I recently discovered (this past week) the site you referred me to. Whoever transcribed everything really helped me fill in some questions. I do have other questions though ... maybe you can help me. Three of my grandparents (families) are all from the Polizzi Generosa, Petralia Sottana area. I was able to gather a lot of information regarding them.
I am having troubling locating information of my great-grandmother (on my mothers side). Her name was Alessandra De Feo (born 1860). She married Giovanni Calabrese (born 1860)... married in 1890. The years may be questionable. Alessandra immigrated to the US in 1897 (date correct) with their daughter Eugenia who was 5 y/o. Giovanni DID not come over with her. The manifest states Alessandras last place of residence was Volturara Inpina.... I have been unable to find out any more information on either of them.... Giovanni eventually came later (I have no record of when) and they had 3 more daughters. One being my grandmother. Any suggestions?????
User avatar
rileym7
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 23:51
Location: new york

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by rileym7 »

I checked on familysearch.org, if you go to library, select library catalog, then place search. Type in Volturara Irpina you will see that they have films for civil records from 1809-1899. Do you have access to a family history center near you?
User avatar
PattiMac
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: 23 May 2005, 00:00
Location: New York

Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi

Post by PattiMac »

Unfortunately the closest one is a 1-1/2 hr. drive.... It probably is worth the trip... just need the time to do it. It's easy searching from home since I am on the computer for my job.........

But thank you for the suggestion.... I've been away from researching for a while but my daughter was asked to do a family tree for school and I felt bad I had information on everyone else but my gg grandmother and my gg grandfather....

Thank you though...............
Post Reply