Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
Here are census images
1910 New York Kings
http://img71.echo.cx/img71/332/1910vilardi6kl.jpg
1900 NJ Hudson Co.
Villardi, Frank, 32y, immigrated 1891, PA (I think) so probably filed in NJ
--, Catherine, 22y, immigrated 1891
--, Antonio, 2y,
http://img90.echo.cx/img90/3245/1900vilardi4gd.jpg
NARA - naturalization records
http://www.archives.gov/research_room/g ... ation.html
YOu may also have to check the state courts.
Debbie
1910 New York Kings
http://img71.echo.cx/img71/332/1910vilardi6kl.jpg
1900 NJ Hudson Co.
Villardi, Frank, 32y, immigrated 1891, PA (I think) so probably filed in NJ
--, Catherine, 22y, immigrated 1891
--, Antonio, 2y,
http://img90.echo.cx/img90/3245/1900vilardi4gd.jpg
NARA - naturalization records
http://www.archives.gov/research_room/g ... ation.html
YOu may also have to check the state courts.
Debbie
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
Thanks Debbie...
I'll give it a try.
Much appreciated. Patti
I'll give it a try.
Much appreciated. Patti
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
You know what's weird.. I printed out the 1900 census. It lists Head of household as Frank when the 1910 one said Ignatz. However, I am sure it is right because all the other information matches. In addition, my father has a copy of the birth certificate of my grandfather that he had a copy made of and it listed his father as Frank and we thought it was an error.
Why so many different names .. just makes things more complicated to find.
Why so many different names .. just makes things more complicated to find.
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
Who knows why so many names. First and middle name, possibly. Was Ignatz too difficult for America and he got the nickname Frank? It through me off too at first. But the 1910 census says children born in NJ. Wife was correct and first son matched also. YOu have to keep an open mind as you search for ancestors.
Debbie
Debbie
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
My husband said he probably he was in the Mafia... He was just kidding... I hope...
What a great help you have been. I now have birth months and years for them. Amazing how much you can find out through the internet... Next I will try to get the Naturalization papers.
You may see me back on here again when I do the other parts of the family.
Patti Thanks again.
What a great help you have been. I now have birth months and years for them. Amazing how much you can find out through the internet... Next I will try to get the Naturalization papers.
You may see me back on here again when I do the other parts of the family.
Patti Thanks again.
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
The naturalization papers should tell you where in Italy they were from. We still haven't found a passenger manifest. At least narrowed down the year of immigration and ages.
Debbie
OH, for the family in NJ. The state archives are in Trenton. The staff is wonderful and they have free off street parking. YOu can go there and look up the birth records of the children yourself if you want. Records are available up till 1920 for births.
Debbie
Debbie
OH, for the family in NJ. The state archives are in Trenton. The staff is wonderful and they have free off street parking. YOu can go there and look up the birth records of the children yourself if you want. Records are available up till 1920 for births.
Debbie
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
I found Ignazio immigration record. 1891 NY (towards bottom line 357)
http://img97.echo.cx/img97/1663/1891ignazio8ys.jpg
Unfortunately not much information.
Debbie
http://img97.echo.cx/img97/1663/1891ignazio8ys.jpg
Unfortunately not much information.
Debbie
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
Shame it doesn't have boat info or anything else... I still need to speak with my dad ... his may be the one immigration paper we have.
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
could this be them
Polizzi Generosa
marriage and marriage banns index 1869
Lorenzo Sausa m. Catterina Filippone
http://www.polizzigenerosaisnellogeneal ... gspot.com/
Polizzi Generosa
marriage and marriage banns index 1869
Lorenzo Sausa m. Catterina Filippone
http://www.polizzigenerosaisnellogeneal ... gspot.com/
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
That's quite alright. I am always open for more information. I recently discovered (this past week) the site you referred me to. Whoever transcribed everything really helped me fill in some questions. I do have other questions though ... maybe you can help me. Three of my grandparents (families) are all from the Polizzi Generosa, Petralia Sottana area. I was able to gather a lot of information regarding them.
I am having troubling locating information of my great-grandmother (on my mothers side). Her name was Alessandra De Feo (born 1860). She married Giovanni Calabrese (born 1860)... married in 1890. The years may be questionable. Alessandra immigrated to the US in 1897 (date correct) with their daughter Eugenia who was 5 y/o. Giovanni DID not come over with her. The manifest states Alessandras last place of residence was Volturara Inpina.... I have been unable to find out any more information on either of them.... Giovanni eventually came later (I have no record of when) and they had 3 more daughters. One being my grandmother. Any suggestions?????
I am having troubling locating information of my great-grandmother (on my mothers side). Her name was Alessandra De Feo (born 1860). She married Giovanni Calabrese (born 1860)... married in 1890. The years may be questionable. Alessandra immigrated to the US in 1897 (date correct) with their daughter Eugenia who was 5 y/o. Giovanni DID not come over with her. The manifest states Alessandras last place of residence was Volturara Inpina.... I have been unable to find out any more information on either of them.... Giovanni eventually came later (I have no record of when) and they had 3 more daughters. One being my grandmother. Any suggestions?????
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
I checked on familysearch.org, if you go to library, select library catalog, then place search. Type in Volturara Irpina you will see that they have films for civil records from 1809-1899. Do you have access to a family history center near you?
Re: Sausa Vilardi LiPani Ilardi
Unfortunately the closest one is a 1-1/2 hr. drive.... It probably is worth the trip... just need the time to do it. It's easy searching from home since I am on the computer for my job.........
But thank you for the suggestion.... I've been away from researching for a while but my daughter was asked to do a family tree for school and I felt bad I had information on everyone else but my gg grandmother and my gg grandfather....
Thank you though...............
But thank you for the suggestion.... I've been away from researching for a while but my daughter was asked to do a family tree for school and I felt bad I had information on everyone else but my gg grandmother and my gg grandfather....
Thank you though...............


