I would appreciate a translation of the attached birth record.
I understood the birth of my greatgrandmother was June 12, 1879. I think I see June 14 listed on this record. Is anything written that the child was born days earlier?
Thank you for your help!
Birth Record Translation help - Cerda
- fairhilleng
- Rookie

- Posts: 47
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 03:55
Birth Record Translation help - Cerda
Searching: Termini-Imerese : Mascari, Lazzaro, Cecala, Foppiano, Montemurro
Re: Birth Record Translation help - Cerda
Child was actually born on the 13th!
Translation
#99
Dated 14 June 1879 at 8 AM at the town office.
Before the official….
Appeared Angelo Lazara, age 29, shoemaker residing in Cerda, to declare that at 2 AM on the 13th of the current month, at the place in Via Giardino, no number, to Giuseppa Cicca, his wife residing with him, was born a female child who was presented to the official and to whom was given the name TERESA
To this act (the record) were witnesses, Giuseppe Imburgia(sp?), 40, farmer; and Giuseppe Leta, 40, farmer.
Only the official signed the record as the others were illiterate.
T.
Translation
#99
Dated 14 June 1879 at 8 AM at the town office.
Before the official….
Appeared Angelo Lazara, age 29, shoemaker residing in Cerda, to declare that at 2 AM on the 13th of the current month, at the place in Via Giardino, no number, to Giuseppa Cicca, his wife residing with him, was born a female child who was presented to the official and to whom was given the name TERESA
To this act (the record) were witnesses, Giuseppe Imburgia(sp?), 40, farmer; and Giuseppe Leta, 40, farmer.
Only the official signed the record as the others were illiterate.
T.
- fairhilleng
- Rookie

- Posts: 47
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 03:55
Re: Birth Record Translation help - Cerda
Thank you very much Tessa.
Everything checks based on other family records with one exception. I understand the mother's surname to be Cecala. She was born 1851 in Termini Imerese and her father was born in Caccamo. Do you believe the surname may have been written in error?
Grazie mille
Everything checks based on other family records with one exception. I understand the mother's surname to be Cecala. She was born 1851 in Termini Imerese and her father was born in Caccamo. Do you believe the surname may have been written in error?
Grazie mille
Searching: Termini-Imerese : Mascari, Lazzaro, Cecala, Foppiano, Montemurro
Re: Birth Record Translation help - Cerda
You are probably correct with the surname Cecala.fairhilleng wrote:Thank you very much Tessa.
Everything checks based on other family records with one exception. I understand the mother's surname to be Cecala. She was born 1851 in Termini Imerese and her father was born in Caccamo. Do you believe the surname may have been written in error?
Grazie mille
I checked the spelling that I thought I read (Cicca) and it does not exist in Palermo Province...
T.
