Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by adelfio »

Vincenzo Rappa born 1871 who was married to Maria Antonia Salvia was married before to Giuseppa Miano

Marriage of Vincenzo Rappa and Giuseppa Miano
1897 Jan 1st in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Vincenzo Rappa son of Domenico Rappa and Elizabetta Cusumano and Giuseppa Miano daughter of deceased Antonino Miano and Lucia Marchese

RECORD RIGHT SIDE 2 DOWN
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Thanks again Adelfio,
By the way, One of the interesting things I saw in the new info you gave me is that Vincenzo Rappa's mother was a Cusumano and Bennedetto Occhipinti's mother was also a Cusumano.
So I wonder if Vinenzo Rappa and Benedetto Occhipinti were cousins and that's how our Maria Antonia Salvia ended up marrying Vincenzo after Benedetto died?
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Vincenzo Rappa and Leonarda Arcabascio
1764 April 20th in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Vincenzo Rappa son of Michele Rappa and Aisia?? Rappa (no maiden name) married Leonarda Arcabascio daughter Ipollito Arcabascio and Rosaria Arcabascio (no maiden name)

RECORD LEFT SIDE 2 DOWN
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Thanks, I'm not sure where that last Vincenzo fits on my tree. Looks like he's the oldest so far. @adelfio
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by adelfio »

Lisapeters65 wrote:Thanks, I'm not sure where that last Vincenzo fits on my tree. Looks like he's the oldest so far. @adelfio

Marriage of Domenico Rappa and Ninfa Amato
1800 July 2nd in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Domenico Rappa son of Vincenzo Rappa and deceased Leonarda Rappa (Arcabascio) (no maiden name listed) married Ninfa Amato daughter of deceased Antonino Amato and Giuseppa Amato (no maiden name listed)

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Got it! Thanks!
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by Lisapeters65 »

adelfio wrote:Marriage of Domenico Rappa and Elizabetta Cusumano
1860 June 14th in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Domenico Rappa son of Vincenzo Rappa and Cyra Grippi married Elizabetta Cusumano daughter of Giuseppe Cusumano and Catherine Barretta

RECORD ON TOP RIGHT SIDE
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
@adelfio Marty, do you think you could find any info on this Catherine Barretta?
I had my DNA tested and I'm related to some Barrettas, but I don't know how to connect them on my tree.
Thanks!
Lisa
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Giuseppe Cusumano and Catherine Barretta
1832 Nov 25 in the town of Borgetto church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Giuseppe Cusumano from Borgetto son of deceased Antonio Cusumano and deceased Girolama di Marco married to Catherine Barretta daughter of Giuseppe Barretta and Elizabetta Currao??

RECORD ON TOP LEFT SIDE
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Thank you so much Marty! You're amazing!
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Oops, something's wrong. I went to add Antonio Cusumano and Girolama DiMarco
as the parents of Guiseppe Cusumano,
But Antonio was already on my tree with a wife named Giuseppa Porvolento as the parents of Elizabeth Cusumano, who was on a record that you found for me in the past and she would be my second great grandmother.
So now I'm confused.
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Oops, I think I messed up that last message. Yes I had Porvolento as his wife, but that was the mother of Giuseppe I think. I don't know where I got that info. I thought it was from you but I'm not sure.
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Hey Marty! I didn't see this last record until just now! (3 months later!) the one about Domenico and Ninfa.
Thanks for all your hard work! @adelfio

Edit: I'm losing my mind. I must've seen it because we talked about it afterward.
Oh well, I didn't add the info on Ninfas parents to my tree until just now. :D
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Marty, @adelfio, On the bottom of page 1 of this post, you found the marriage record for Domenico Rappa and Ninfa Amato. Ninfa's father was Antonino Amato and her mother was Giuseppa (no maiden name).
I put them on my Ancestry Tree and hints are coming up for Antonino with records for an Antonino Amato with a wife Guiseppa Pecoraro.
This Giuseppa was born and died in Prizzi, Palermo and her father was Mariano, and mother was Maria Carmela Algozini.
Other records show that they had sons, Paolo and Louis.
Could this be the right Giuseppa who would be my 5th great grandmother?
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by adelfio »

Could this be the right Giuseppa who would be my 5th great grandmother?
Ah the green leaf What power it has the answer is not really

Baptism record of Maria Ninfa Angela Amato indexed as Ninfa Amato
1780 Oct 21st in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena baptism of Ninfa Amato daughter of deceased Antonino Amato and Giuseppa Raccuglia

RECORD RIGHT SIDE TOP
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marriage of Antonino Amato and Giuseppa Raccuglia
1777 Nov 17th in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Antonino Amato son of Simone Amato and Ninfa Amato (no maiden name listed) married to Giuseppa Raccuglia daughter of Vito Raccuglia and Maria Raccuglia (no maiden name listed)

RECORD LEFT SIDE TOP
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 122
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 04:47

Re: Vincenzo Rappa/Rapp (1871)

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Marty, I know! You are much better than Ancestry! I don't know why I pay them.
How is this website funded? Is there a way to make a donation?
I have many more questions, but sometimes I feel like I'm bothering you. Even if I could find these records on my own, I still wouldn't be able to read them by myself.
So thank you very much for all the help you give!
Post Reply