Randazzo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran

Randazzo

Post by Lisapeters65 »

I'd like to find more info on my 4th great grandmother Marianna Randazzo. (About 1795)

(We have the best Pizza restaurant in my neighborhood called Mama Randazzo's. I hope I'm related to them, Lol!)

Anyway, the only info I have on Marianna is from her daughter (Cyra Grippi's) marriage record.
Marianna Randazzo and Cyri Grippi were the parents. And their daughter Cyra married Vincenzo Rappa in 1832.
krash142
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Randazzo

Post by krash142 »

We still need the place of marriage, or birth, or anything.

I'll guess Sicily, perhaps Palermo? I myself am descended from the Randazzos, so this is my guess.
krash142
Veteran
Veteran

Post by krash142 »

Ok, so this branch is from Borgetto. I should have a genealogy to the 1600s by tomorrow.

Don't hold me to that, though. It can be tougher than I said. I could do it by tomorrow afternoon, though. It may take as long as Friday morning. The whole family of Vincenzo Rappa by Sunday-ish, also!
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Here's the marriage of their daughter (attached, lower left record) It's probably Borgetto, that's where most of my other relatives were. That's cool that you came from Randazzo's too!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage record of Cyri Grippi and Marianna Randazzo
1896 Oct 4th in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Cyri Grippi son of deceased Vincenzo Grippi and Cyra Frisina married to Marianna Randazzo daughter of deceased Angelo Randazzo and Magdalena Colinotta

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2046915

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Woohoo! Thanks for that!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Little typo
adelfio wrote:Marriage record of Cyri Grippi and Marianna Randazzo
1806 Oct 4th in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Cyri Grippi son of deceased Vincenzo Grippi and Cyra Frisina married to Marianna Randazzo daughter of deceased Angelo Randazzo and Magdalena Colinotta

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Marty, since I added Angelo Randazzo and Magdalene Colinotto to my Ancestry tree, I now see that's how I am connected to one of my DNA matches.

He also has Angelo and Magdalene on his tree, with another daughter named Victoria. (No documents to back this up though) Do you think you could find one?

Also, he spelled Magdalenes last name Cocinotto, not Colinotto.

(And he has their daughter Victoria Randazzo married to Josephi Raccuglua)

Thanks! Lisa
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I think the surnames are Colinotto and Raccuglia
Marriage of Josephi (Giuseppe) Raccuglia and Victoria Randazzo

1796 Oct 24th in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Josephi (Giuseppe)Raccuglua son of Vincenzo Raccuglia and Gerolama Raccuglia (no maiden name listed) married Victoria Randazzo daughter of deceased Angelo Randazzo and Magdalena Randazzo (no maiden name listed)

PG LINK TO RECORD BOTTOM LEFT CARRIES OVER TO RIGHT PG

Marty

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Thanks Marty!
And yea, Raccuglia is what I meant. I spelled it wrong.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Who is the ancestry you are matched up with?

Marty

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Marty,
I'm not sure what you are asking.
Are you asking who the Person is who matches my DNA and I was looking at his tree?
I'm not sure what his last name is. It might be Pontius. His first name is John. And his ancestry username is pontiusmaximus.

Or were you asking which Randazzo ancestor I'm connected to?
Marianna Randazzo was my 4th great grandmother and her parents Angelo and Magdalena were my 5th.

Let me know if that answered your question.
Lisa
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The username got it pontiusmaximus
Marriage of Angelo Randazzo and Magdalena Cucinotta Cucinotta (right name got a clear look)
1771 June 17th in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Angelo Randazzo son of deceased Gesualdo Randazzo and Victoria Randazzo (no maiden listed) married Magdalena Cucinotta daughter of Michelangelo Cucinotta and Lucia Cucinotta (no maiden listed)

PG LINK TO RECORD LET SIDE TOP
Marty

Marty
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lisapeters65 »

Oh wow, thanks!
He was impressed with all the records I had on my tree.
I told him I got all the records from this website!
Lisapeters65
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lisapeters65 »

[quote="adelfio"]Marriage record of Cyri Grippi and Marianna Randazzo
1896 Oct 4th in the town of Borgetto in the church of Santa Maria Maddalena marriage of Cyri Grippi son of deceased Vincenzo Grippi and Cyra Frisina married to Marianna Randazzo daughter of deceased Angelo Randazzo and Magdalena Colinotta

Any chance in finding the parents of this Cyra Frisina?
One of my DNA matches has a Giovanni Frisina born around the same time and I'm wondering if they are sisters. Hers doesn't have any parents listed either. And I'd like to find out how our trees connect.

Thanks, Lisa