Hi everyone,
I've been trying relentlessly, with little help from cousins who have most of the documents, to locate my great grandfather's birth certificate. I would employ help from the Italian Consulate but I believe I need a little more information before I can proceed. This is what I have, let me know if you know any information or could point me in the right direction!
Name: Salvatore Russo
Birth: February 18, 1903
Location: Gioiosa Marea, Sicily, Italy (or that is what he put down on American paperwork)
Parents: Benedetto Russo and Laura Nirifa (?) <-- Attached in the only Italian Documentation I have online access to if anyone else can extract more information from it.
Arrived at Ellis Island, NY on Rochambeau from Havre, France on December 28, 1920.
Married: Antonina (Lena) Campisi on April 19, 1925 in Brooklyn, NY
Died: January 8, 1931 in Brooklyn, NY
Russo from Gioiosa Marea
-
heatherro92
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 01 Sep 2016, 16:32
Russo from Gioiosa Marea
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Re: Russo from Gioiosa Marea
Hello,
here is his birth record:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1946858
Mother's name was Laura Ninfa
Benedetto was 26, and a worker
here is his birth record:
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1946858
Mother's name was Laura Ninfa
Benedetto was 26, and a worker
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
