Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Below is the link for my great-grandparents marriage record. I'm wondering if someone can help me translate this so I can see where they were married...was it a church? Not sure what all information I can get. I do know the date and that they were married in Molochio and their parents.
30 May 1908 - In the town hall of Radicena
Groom: Carmelo Demaria, single, 23yo, farmer (agricoltore), born and residing in Molochio, son of Francesco and Caterina Mustica
Bride: Angela Pronesti, single, 26yo, weaver (tessitrice), born and residing in Radicena, daughter of late Francesco and Maria Falletti
The dialects of modern Italian all have their roots in the spoken form of Latin (Vulgar Latin), in use throughout the Roman Empire. Vulgar Latin had, no doubt, its own local peculiarities before the fall of the Empire. The political instability that followed Roman rule kept Italy from re-uniting as ...