Need Help With Birth Record
Need Help With Birth Record
I found my grandmother's birth record online in the Salerno Angri Nati listings for July 5, 1880, but am unable to read it. I would greatly appreciate a translation.
I tried to add the picture but wasn't able to put it on the forum. I tried to attach the link below, but am not sure I succeeded. It is Imagine 152, # 221 for Luigia Ruggiero.
[url]http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 916259/url]
Thank you for any help you can give me.
I tried to add the picture but wasn't able to put it on the forum. I tried to attach the link below, but am not sure I succeeded. It is Imagine 152, # 221 for Luigia Ruggiero.
[url]http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 916259/url]
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Re: Need Help With Birth Record
Reads:
1880 on July 5 at 10:07 AM at the town hall appeared before me, ..., Francisco Ruggiero, age 33, laborer, living in Angri, and declared that at 3:20 AM on the 4th of the current month, at the house on Cancili(?) street, number 68, to Carmela de ..., his wife, ..., was born a baby girl who was given the name Luigia.
Can't quite make out the mother's surname or her occupation. Perhaps someone else can help with those.
In the margin it describes her later marriage that on the 16th of May 1901 she married Carmine Salvatore Ferruioli.
Kevin
1880 on July 5 at 10:07 AM at the town hall appeared before me, ..., Francisco Ruggiero, age 33, laborer, living in Angri, and declared that at 3:20 AM on the 4th of the current month, at the house on Cancili(?) street, number 68, to Carmela de ..., his wife, ..., was born a baby girl who was given the name Luigia.
Can't quite make out the mother's surname or her occupation. Perhaps someone else can help with those.
In the margin it describes her later marriage that on the 16th of May 1901 she married Carmine Salvatore Ferruioli.
Kevin
Places: Jaci, Palazzolo Acreide, Pedara, Trecastagni
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
Re: Need Help With Birth Record
Looking further, the mother's last name might be de Vico and the occupation is tessitrice: weaver.
Kevin
Kevin
Places: Jaci, Palazzolo Acreide, Pedara, Trecastagni
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
Names: Fisichella, Gangemi, Miano, Moscuzza, Smriglio, Torrisi, Valvo
Re: Need Help With Birth Record
Kevin
The surname is De Vivo, found in the town.
Erudita
The surname is De Vivo, found in the town.
Erudita
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Need Help With Birth Record
The side note states she got married 16 March 1901 with Carmine Salvatore Ferraioli http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Carmine Salvatore Frerraioli was 26yo, born in S. Egidio di Montalbino, son of deceased Antonio and living Carolina Nocera
Carmine Salvatore Frerraioli was 26yo, born in S. Egidio di Montalbino, son of deceased Antonio and living Carolina Nocera
Re: Need Help With Birth Record
Thank you all so much!
Re: Need Help With Birth Record
Happy to help.
Erudita
Erudita
Re: Need Help With Birth Record
I'm trying to determine to which parish my grandmother's family belonged. Would someone be able to decipher the family's address so I can see if it's close to a particular church? I'd also appreciate her mother's age. I'm seeing Carmela de Vivo, 20. Is that correct?
Thanks for any help.
Thanks for any help.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Need Help With Birth Record
Hi February
The mother's name was Carmela de Vivo, and she was a tessatrice (weaver), no age is given for the mother in the birth record nor the marriage record already posted above. The address looks like either Strada Cancili or Strada Camili, No 68, but the street name may not exist now? The closest street name I can find is Via Concilio. What you might like to do is search for more birth records, which may help you to establish the correct spelling of the street, and in what area they lived. You may find they lived in several different places – or not.
I have found the marriage record of Francesco Ruggiero and Carmela de Vivo, which gives Carmela's age as 27 so she was born circa 1852:
Marriage No 47: Francesco Ruggiero and Carmela De Vivo
Angri: 27 September 1879, 10.25 am
Groom: Francesco Ruggiero, 32 (b. Circa 1847), colono (tenant farmer), born and residing Angri, son of the deceased Giovanni (Ruggiero), and the deceased Luigia Abate
Bride: Carmela de Vivo, 27 yo (b. Circa 1852), tessatrice (weaver), born and living Angri, daughter of Andrea (de Vivo), and of Agnese Villano, both residing Angri.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Edit to Add:
I've found a second daughter born to Francesco and Carmela which gives the address as Strada Concili, No 53 which makes better sense to me:
Birth No 339: Giovanna Ruggiero
Angri: 7 October 1882
Father: Francesco Ruggiero, 36 yo, bracciale (labourer), living Angri
Mother: Carmela De Vivo, his wife, tessatrice
Giovanna, a baby girl, born 4.30 pm, on 6 October 1882, Strada Concili, No 53
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Via Concilio: https://www.tuttocitta.it/mappa/angri/via-concilio
Concilio – Council
Concili - Councils
You have some really good records on line. Let us know if you need help with any translations.
Angela
The mother's name was Carmela de Vivo, and she was a tessatrice (weaver), no age is given for the mother in the birth record nor the marriage record already posted above. The address looks like either Strada Cancili or Strada Camili, No 68, but the street name may not exist now? The closest street name I can find is Via Concilio. What you might like to do is search for more birth records, which may help you to establish the correct spelling of the street, and in what area they lived. You may find they lived in several different places – or not.
I have found the marriage record of Francesco Ruggiero and Carmela de Vivo, which gives Carmela's age as 27 so she was born circa 1852:
Marriage No 47: Francesco Ruggiero and Carmela De Vivo
Angri: 27 September 1879, 10.25 am
Groom: Francesco Ruggiero, 32 (b. Circa 1847), colono (tenant farmer), born and residing Angri, son of the deceased Giovanni (Ruggiero), and the deceased Luigia Abate
Bride: Carmela de Vivo, 27 yo (b. Circa 1852), tessatrice (weaver), born and living Angri, daughter of Andrea (de Vivo), and of Agnese Villano, both residing Angri.
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Edit to Add:
I've found a second daughter born to Francesco and Carmela which gives the address as Strada Concili, No 53 which makes better sense to me:
Birth No 339: Giovanna Ruggiero
Angri: 7 October 1882
Father: Francesco Ruggiero, 36 yo, bracciale (labourer), living Angri
Mother: Carmela De Vivo, his wife, tessatrice
Giovanna, a baby girl, born 4.30 pm, on 6 October 1882, Strada Concili, No 53
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0
Via Concilio: https://www.tuttocitta.it/mappa/angri/via-concilio
Concilio – Council
Concili - Councils
You have some really good records on line. Let us know if you need help with any translations.
Angela
Re: Need Help With Birth Record
Thank you so much Angela! All this information! I'll have to double check, but I saw Piazza San Giovanni on the map - very close to their address - so San Giovanni Battista is probably their parish.
I thought all communes had put their records online the way Angri has. I found out how wrong I was when I looked at Sant' Egidio del Monte Albino's records.
Thank you again for all your help.
I thought all communes had put their records online the way Angri has. I found out how wrong I was when I looked at Sant' Egidio del Monte Albino's records.
Thank you again for all your help.
-
AngelaGrace56
- Master

- Posts: 8078
- Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54
Re: Need Help With Birth Record
Happy to help.
Angela
Angela

