Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
Re: Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
Concettas arrival with Tagliareni family and Angelina and Luigi Sorce (child) Concetta remarried in 1902 in USA showing him born in USA. Could Calegro translated be Carl ? and if so where did Louis come from, That's not a question T just seems like Grandpa between dates and names is hiding something or was it a miss read on information at Ellis Island. This document show Angelina being detained for medical reason also.
Re: Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
Here are the manifest pages... you posted the detained passengers page 
Luigi Sorce is shown as age 15, born in Italy.
Giuseppe Tagliareni is listed as Concetta's husband, and Angela and Luigi's stepfather.
page1
https://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/ ... cGciOw==/1
page 2
https://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/ ... cGciOw==/1
I still have not found an arrival or border crossing for you GF...
T.
Luigi Sorce is shown as age 15, born in Italy.
Giuseppe Tagliareni is listed as Concetta's husband, and Angela and Luigi's stepfather.
page1
https://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/ ... cGciOw==/1
page 2
https://www.libertyellisfoundation.org/ ... cGciOw==/1
I still have not found an arrival or border crossing for you GF...
T.
Re: Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
Louis DiMarco 1910 Census, shows him as a brother in law living with the Tagliareni's in Jersey City, New Jersey
Re: Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
Thank you. Yes, I have seen this Census in which Louis states that he arrived in 1898. His age again gives his birth year about 1890-91.
The name Louis is an Americanized name -
If Louis arrived in 1898, he should appear on a 1900 US Census, most likely with relatives (parents?)...
I will look for one. Did they always live in New Jersey? Could they have resided elsewhere for a few years?
T.
The name Louis is an Americanized name -
If Louis arrived in 1898, he should appear on a 1900 US Census, most likely with relatives (parents?)...
I will look for one. Did they always live in New Jersey? Could they have resided elsewhere for a few years?
T.
Re: Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
Possibly Manhattan prior to 1910, after 1910 it was always New Jerseys, Bayonne, Jersey City area. Back in 2008 I posted here on Italian genealogy a marriage document for translation. Marietta to Francesco Tagliareni and it was stated that Mariettas father Salvatore was alive in New York City. What puzzles me is why Concetta isn't buried with Salvatore, did Salvotore die here in the USA or in Italy. If he's here in the USA I would love to visit his grave, this is my drive in finding him. Concetta is buried with Angelina, Angelina being the owner of the grave. Also T again I can't thank you enough with your time and patience in helping me with theses transcripts.
Re: Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
T, The story from my uncle John and Tony the only two left alive says as the story has it, is that Grandpa came over here at the age of 15 or 16 with $13 in his pockets. So if he's born in 1890 as Caleagro that puts him over here in and around 1905 1906 ish.
Re: Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
imwormer wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 16:36 T, The story from my uncle John and Tony the only two left alive says as the story has it, is that Grandpa came over here at the age of 15 or 16 with $13 in his pockets. So if he's born in 1890 as Caleagro that puts him over here in and around 1905 1906 ish.
OK... we'll give that a try
T.
Re: Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
T, when time permits could you please confirm if Salvatore is residing in New York City at the time of her wedding I believe it was stated within this document.
Re: Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
imwormer wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 00:40 T, when time permits could you please confirm if Salvatore is residing in New York City at the time of her wedding I believe it was stated within this document.
Yes, according to Marietta's request to publish the banns of marriage dated 30 April 1898, her father Salvatore was residing in New York, and her mother Concetta was residing in Cammarata.
Here is the link to the actual marriage act - 29 May 1898.
Salvatore is still listed as a resident of New York. However, it also states that at the above marriage the consent of the bride's parents was given. We do not know definitively if he attended to give his consent...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817
T.
Re: Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
T, Sorry but this bug has bitten me again and I'm more than curious now
Attached I hope is a birth certificate of a Antonio DiMarco from 1881, and a passage of a Salvatore bringing Antonio over at the age of 8 I believe. Also there's a death notice of a Antonio in the year of 1904 with the parents of Salvatore and a Concetta. Please when time permits take a peek at them as I'm curious if theres a Salvatore, Concetta, and what looks like a Calegero? within.
James
James
Re: Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
Sorry for all the single attachments I tried to attach multiple attachments but for some reason they don't stick....
Re: Translation of Angelinas Birth Certicate
Concettas 2 Marriage Certificate, shows fathers name as Calegero?

