Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
poliquie wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 11:38
Okay, we crossed paths.... That was close enough. I had Rosa DOB a day different, and on the naturalization paperwork it said June 24.... But as I have found, the DOB are very loosely related at times
You were possibily looking at the date her birth was registered, which was 28 June 1892, but then half way down the record you will see that she was born on 27 June 1892.
I know this post is a few years old but my great grandfather is Giuseppe Sgroi born 14 May 1879 who was the son of a Salvatore Sgroi and Carmela LoCicero. They are from San Giuseppe Jato. Probably a relation maybe.
An Italian novel for kids called "La Freccia Azzurra" (The Blue Arrow) says that all the children in the world wait for Christmas Eve to get presents from Santa Clause, but Italian kids are the luckiest in the world because they get presents again on the 6th of January by the Befana. Who is the Befa...