Hope everyone is well. I could use some help determining the father's profession on this birth act, #197
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613
Thanks,
Biff
Father's profession
Father's profession
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Father's profession
Hi Biff 
This threw me for a while. I was convinced that the initial letter was an "s" or an "l"
BUT - looking back at the first letter of the word after Sindaco - "funzionante" - in the official's title, I am now thinking that the word is a form of "fabbricant" - manfacturer.
T.
This threw me for a while. I was convinced that the initial letter was an "s" or an "l"
BUT - looking back at the first letter of the word after Sindaco - "funzionante" - in the official's title, I am now thinking that the word is a form of "fabbricant" - manfacturer.
T.
Re: Father's profession
Thanks, T. Greatly appreciate your help.
Auguri,
Biff
Auguri,
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Father's profession
It might be "fabbriciere"...
I didn't know what it means, and I found out that it is someone who is a member of a "fabbriceria".
A "fabbriceria" is an office that works for the management and maintanance of religious buildings (churches, chapels, sanctuaries). Substantially it should be someone who supervises the construction work for churches.
I didn't know what it means, and I found out that it is someone who is a member of a "fabbriceria".
A "fabbriceria" is an office that works for the management and maintanance of religious buildings (churches, chapels, sanctuaries). Substantially it should be someone who supervises the construction work for churches.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Father's profession
PippoPippoM wrote: 10 Sep 2018, 10:38 It might be "fabbriciere"...
I didn't know what it means, and I found out that it is someone who is a member of a "fabbriceria".
A "fabbriceria" is an office that works for the management and maintanance of religious buildings (churches, chapels, sanctuaries). Substantially it should be someone who supervises the construction work for churches.
I agree with your analysis. AND, I learned something new!
T.
Re: Father's profession
Thanks Pippo.
Gaetano might have been be supervisor for work at the church of SS Peter and Paul where his son Mariano was baptized.
Biff
Gaetano might have been be supervisor for work at the church of SS Peter and Paul where his son Mariano was baptized.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
