Birth Certificate requests

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
LvItalian1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Las Vegas

Birth Certificate requests

Post by LvItalian1979 »

I’ve tried requesting my great-grandparents birth certificates from the Ascoli Satriano Commune through mail and never received a response. I have tried emailing but they all come back undeliverable, I have even tried contacting them through their Facebook page which shows it was read but no response. Any suggestions? Or anybody near that town that can help me?
Image
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Post by Italysearcher »

Go to your nearest Family History Centre www.familysearch.org. They have the records before 1899 on microfilm.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
User avatar
LvItalian1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Post by LvItalian1979 »

I need a legal copy so I can submit for dual citizenship, I found a copy of it and found the correct name spelling. I can’t seem to get ahold of anybody at the Commune to pay for a legal copy and have it mailed.
Image
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Post by Italysearcher »

You can't just call for this type of record. You need to write to them (or email, I suggest PEC email) tell them its for citizenship purposes and include some photo ID.
demografici@comune.ascolisatriano.fg.it
PEC: protocollo.ascolisatriano@pec.leonet.it
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
User avatar
LvItalian1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Post by LvItalian1979 »

So I have emailed and mailed several requests, I have tried contacting the Comune on facebook which, after a month, they provided an email address which I have also sent a request with photo ID. It has now been three months and still no response. It is such a small town and none of my family live there anymore or near there. Can someone tell me another way to get these documents?
Image
User avatar
LvItalian1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Post by LvItalian1979 »

Italysearcher wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 18:39 You can't just call for this type of record. You need to write to them (or email, I suggest PEC email) tell them its for citizenship purposes and include some photo ID.
demografici@comune.ascolisatriano.fg.it
PEC: protocollo.ascolisatriano@pec.leonet.it
I know I can't call, I already tried emailing both of these and I get an error back. It is like their email is not valid even though it is listed on their website.
Image
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Post by adelfio »

Try this snail mail pdf use there snail mail use this ANAGRAFE E STATOCIVILE
C:/Users/marty/Downloads/NumTel_email%20(1).pdf

email address: i.coluccelli@comune.ascolisatriano.fg.it

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Post by adelfio »

Write for your dual citzenship include your info and a photo id

Comune di Ascoli Satriano
Via Torre Arsa 3
71022 Ascoli Satriano FG
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta atto di nascita ai sensi dell'art. 107 del DPR 396/2000

Ai fini dell'ottenimento della cittadinanza italiana jure sanguinis, io sottoscritta [your name and surname], nata a [your place of birth] il [your date of birth] residente in [place of residence], richiedo cortesemente copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di mio nonno:

Cognome e nome: [surname/name]
Data di nascita: [date of birth]
Luogo di nascita: [place of birth]
Padre: [name of his father]
Madre: [name of his mother]

Data [date] Firma [sign]

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
LvItalian1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Post by LvItalian1979 »

Do you think they are not providing the documents because I don't have his parents names? He was left at a church when he was born in a Foundling Wheel. I was able to track down the name that was given to him when he was left and have provided that information.
Image
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Post by adelfio »

Try the snail mail tell them about parents (ignoto) and what church is it? Do you have his birth record?
If you do post

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
LvItalian1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Post by LvItalian1979 »

Thank you I will try to snail mail again, here is the copy of the birth certificate.
Iliaco_Ettore 1889.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Post by adelfio »

Whats the number and name?


Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
LvItalian1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Birth Certificate requests

Post by LvItalian1979 »

Top left #1, Ettore Iliaco
Image
Post Reply