Documentation in Hand - Missing Anything?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Documentation in Hand - Missing Anything?

Post by argentuban »

I have everything as follows:

My birth record to my parents
Their marriage certificate
My mom's birth certificate
Her parents marriage certificate
My grandfather's birth record
His father's baptism record & marriage certificate

Am I missing anything? I think I have everything. Don't know what else I would need, Please advise. I can probably get it.

Lawyer says I'm fine with what I have but reading about a lot of negative experiences lately so worried.

Would be going through Philadelphia consulate, if that matters.
jennabet
Master
Master

Re: Documentation in Hand - Missing Anything?

Post by jennabet »

If your great-grandfather is the ancestor born in Italy, you would need his birth certificate and not his baptism certificate. And also his marriage certificate.
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Post by argentuban »

Yeah I should have said birth certificate sorry. I've got the official document from Palaia.

He was Italian. I have his marriage certificate.
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

Your case will be rejected without the birth certificate of the ancestor born in Italy. What do you mean by the official document from Palaia? The only document that proves your ancestor was Italian is his birth certificate showing the names of his parents who also must be Italian. A marriage certificate does not prove he's Italian.
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Post by argentuban »

jennabet wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 18:19 Your case will be rejected without the birth certificate of the ancestor born in Italy. What do you mean by the official document from Palaia? The only document that proves your ancestor was Italian is his birth certificate showing the names of his parents who also must be Italian. A marriage certificate does not prove he's Italian.
I have his birth certificate in Italy from Palaia. Born to Domenico Giorgi and Jacopina Pellinacci.

I ALSO have his marriage certificate.
jennabet
Master
Master

Post by jennabet »

OK that sounds good.