Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
I received these 2 documents from a cousin yet I'm having trouble reading much of it (especially the handwritten part). I'm attempting to post here and hopefully someone can translate them for me. I realize they are long documents but I would appreciate any help possible.
As a follow up to the above linked documents...many of you won't be able to open them as I've just learned because I was only able to link with goggle...Elba has attempted to translate them but couldn't view...
Does anyone have any other ideas or could link them for me using another program?
act n°1
Macchione Lori(e)nzo and Nucci Rosa... and all date of bann wedding
............
the year 1831, the day 2 8 of january to hour 8.00 A.M. and 15.00 minutes, in my presence Pasquale Gagliardo (major) and Officer of civil record, is appeared Lorenzo Macchione of age 37 farmer in Malito resident of late Domenico, of age...., farmer also resident in Malito, and son of.... (name mother illegible) farmer, and ..." giàconiugata"(illegible) (already married?)Rosa Nucci of age 36, farmer, resident in Malito, daughter of Pietro age 41 ...(illegible) resident in Malito and daughter of ...(name mother illegible), farmer, resident in same Common, that ask me of to make the wedding.. the spouse (Lorenzo) say me that is born in Belsito.. the spouse(Rosa)..... (illegible other birthplace) and they both have from 1 year the residence in Malito and of it don't have no stepfather and no stepmother ... etc.... withnesses etc...( the wedding is ok)... hoping helpful.. suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website: ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Nuccia.....I to have had to learn by trial and error with image shack......
in order to make an image viewable.......click on the menu and choose the 1024 x ?? (can't remember this number......7 or 800 something......)
hope this helps.......
wldspirit
Sorry nuccia, I would like to help you but if the immage goes bigger it goes out of focus and I can't read it,
I just read they got married in February and Lorenzo father was Domenico. Domenico was already death.
bye Riccardo
Ok, everyone...thinking caps on...what is the next step here to getting these documents more legible? Is there a way of using imageshack to post sections of the document and will it help?
Thanks for everything folks...Elba's been trying to help me with these documents for weeks but sadly, they're not very good copies.
I just wanted to let Elba know how much I appreciate all the help she's given me the last few months. She has translated documents, listened to my constant complaining about work and helped me with my school work! Thanks to her help and support, I was able to score a perfect mark on my recent paper.
Like I said, I had some help from a very good friend! These documents are driving me insae. I'm still playing with imageshack and trying to figure out what I can do but I think it's probably not going to get any better then this! I'll email them to you if you like and you can see the difference. They don't look as bad on email (but not great either).
I never even noticed the line about Domenico's mother..will have to take another look!
Contrary to popular belief, not all Italian given names have Christian or classical roots. Many names encountered in older records are almost whimsical, and some cannot be translated into Latin or any other language. In order to avoid possible mistranscription of a given name with which the research...