Lucca Family From Pietramelara/Roccaromana, Caserta, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
MFamilyTree389
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 04 Feb 2019, 03:37

Lucca Family From Pietramelara/Roccaromana, Caserta, Italy

Post by MFamilyTree389 »

My great grandmother's name is Albina Lucca (born 15 Feb 1907, married Antonio Joseph Camino). She has a brother named Marco Lucca and they lived in Rutland, VT before Albina moved to Schenectady, NY. In 1929 she visited Naples and returned to New York on the Italian M/S "Augustus." After her husband Antonio Camino died from an accident on the Delaware Hudson Railroad, she eventually remarried a man named Joseph Arvonio. I noticed she had many letters sent back and forth from Pietramelara and Roccaromana, Caserta, Italy. I assume since my family knows Albina's family is from Naples, it's possible those are more specific places they are from. Does anyone have any information that could help with my family research?
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Lucca Family From Pietramelara/Roccaromana, Caserta, Italy

Post by Biff83 »

What were Albina's parents' names? I located her on a 1930 census living with an uncle Ubaldo Lucca in Schnectady.
Ubaldo's 1912 ship manifest shows he was born in Pietralemara, leaving a father Antonio in Pietralemara, joining a brother Nicola in Granville NY which borders Rutland county Vermont.

1930 census

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1810731

1912 ship manifest two pages, line 1

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1368704

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
MFamilyTree389
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 04 Feb 2019, 03:37

Re: Lucca Family From Pietramelara/Roccaromana, Caserta, Italy

Post by MFamilyTree389 »

I havent been on here in years and just noticed your reply. Thanks for your help. I did find Ubaldo at one point snd I believe Albina and her brother Marco may have been staying with him at one point.

Albina's father was Nicola Lucca, born abt. 1877 in Pietramelara, Caserta, Italy.

Albina's mother was Carolina Tommasone, born abt. 1875 in Roccaromana, Caserta, Italy.

I'm having a lot of difficulty going back further on those lines.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Lucca Family From Pietramelara/Roccaromana, Caserta, Italy

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the birth act of Carolina Tommasone in Roccaromana in 1875.

#57
Born 30 December 1875 to Marco Tommasone, 30yo laborer, and his wife, Albina Nocera, 30yo farmer, in Santacroce, a hamlet of the town of Roccaromana.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043630

And the marriage of Nicola Lucca and Carolina Tommasone in Roccaromana in May 1905.
#7
Nicola is 28, and the son of Antonio Lucca and Maria Giuseppa d'Alonzo.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2043630
T.
Post Reply