Comune di San Tammaro (CE)

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Gags
Rookie
Rookie

Comune di San Tammaro (CE)

Post by Gags »

Hi All,

I sent a letter to the Comune in San Tammaro (Caserta) in OCT2018 to obtain my GGF & GGM marriage record, but haven't gotten a reply. (I did get my GGF's birth record in DEC2018 from his nearby town, Santa Maria Capua Vetere, so I assume the San Tammaro letter arrived in a similar timeframe).

I have since sent 2 emails to the Anagrafe office in San Tammaro as well, with no replies.

Today, I tried to fax the request to the office, but the one fax number for the entire office seems to be down.
http://www.comune.santammaro.ce.it/ammi ... one/uffici

Would anybody be able to check with the Comune there to see if this fax number is correct?

Thank you in advance!!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Comune di San Tammaro (CE)

Post by Tessa78 »

Since you were successful in getting a birth act from SMCV, I would write/email them to request the Publication of Banns (Pubblicazione). It would have been recorded in the hometown of the groom (marriage was usually performed in the hometown of the bride), and it should have all the same information that you would find in the Marriage act.

T.
Gags
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Comune di San Tammaro (CE)

Post by Gags »

Thanks Tessa!

That's a good idea, but I'm looking for the Atto di Matrimonio for my JS application.
I don't think the announcement would suffice...

If my efforts don't succeed, the next step will be to hire someone to chase it down...

Thanks!
Ryan