Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Hi Marisa
Thanks so much.
It was Doreen and Vera who emmigrated to America, to Long Island. They both married Polish guys but I do not know their surnames.
Dear Eve there are only 3 Galante surnamed persons listed as Lorenzo in the www.ellisisland.org website; two being sicilian and one from Avellino province (CA). It should be noted that Italian women never lose their identity and only the chilldren take on the fathers surname. Thus you might want to research further for Louisa's maiden name. =Peter=
I've made several cousin connections using ancestry.com. With many of them we will simply exchange an email here and there on ancestry.com and compare some notes. I find that most people go to ancestry.com mainly to have a DNA test, an aren't that interested in building a family tree, making connect...