Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Here is the link to the marriage of Mariano DiStefano on the Palermo 10 year index- the reason I thought they were married in Santa Ninfa and not Palermo.
Angela is right, and in fact, the marriage is catalogued under Palermo (Sezione Santa Ninfa)(oggi Palermo).
More confusion is added by the fact that the groom appears to be born in Santa Ninfa, province of Trapani, a town that actually exists.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Yes, it is explained in English on Image 3 of the 10 year index. So Santa Ninfa was a part of Palermo and not another comune.
In modern terms we'd say a 'quartiere' of the town.
I looked at Wikipedia, it says now Palermo is divided in many quartieri, but the name Santa Ninfa seems no longer existing.
Perhaps someone living in Palermo knows which part of the town had that name and if that church was or not in Santa Ninfa.
Ever since I was a little boy, my dad would show me my great grandfather's card, and tell me that he was a count in Italy. I was always intrigued by that, but never really thought about asking my grandmother questions, or anyone else for that matter. About ten years ago, as more and more information...