Month on Birth Record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
ScottLaneri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 28 Jun 2013, 18:19

Month on Birth Record

Post by ScottLaneri »

Hello all,

I'm having a hard time discerning the month on this birth record. I believe it's either settembre, ottobre, novembre, or dicembre, but I can't tell which. I could be wrong even about that. Any help is appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Month on Birth Record

Post by Tessa78 »

I would say December - "xbre"

REading across the line...

675 Lanieri, Giovanni (of) Lazaro [Lanieri] and Maddalena Gragnoni "idem" (year as above) December 11 #176

T.
ScottLaneri
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 28 Jun 2013, 18:19

Re: Month on Birth Record

Post by ScottLaneri »

Amazing! Thank you! I think you are correct.
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: Month on Birth Record

Post by rlw254 »

Some places used the Latin root for month abbreviations. 7bre for September, 8bre for October, etc.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
Post Reply