My family came from this area of Italy. My Great Great Grandfather was Rocco Sileo born 1860 in Marsicovetere. His first wife must have died and then he married Carolina Fratantuono who was born in 1874 in Marsicovetere. He had many children prior to immigrating to the US in 1900 but only came over with 3 children. Maria, born 1890, Guiseppe born 1891 and Vincenzo born 1894. I think there were 3 or 4 other children. I am looking for any information concerning these people and who I can contact to help me research them in Italy. I am new at this and hopefully have put this post in the correct place.
Thank you,
Michelle
Earthquake in Marsicovetere
Re: Earthquake in Marsicovetere
Hi Michelle,
Thanks for starting the new post.
Here is a link to the available civil (vital) rerods for the town of Marsicovetere 1809-1910.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++
These can be rented/order through your local LDS (Mormans) Family History Center for abt $5.50/5.75 per month. They come in from SLC, Utah, so it takes abt 4 to 6 wks. to arrive, but when you get them, your Center should have all the equipment you need to view and copy them.
Here is a link to locate your local FHC.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
What records have you already pulled for your family? Census? ship manifest(s)?, naturalizations? birth and/or death certificates? others?
Let us know, We maybe able to help you obtain some of these records, if you don't already have them.
Hope this helps.
jcsm
Thanks for starting the new post.
Here is a link to the available civil (vital) rerods for the town of Marsicovetere 1809-1910.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++
These can be rented/order through your local LDS (Mormans) Family History Center for abt $5.50/5.75 per month. They come in from SLC, Utah, so it takes abt 4 to 6 wks. to arrive, but when you get them, your Center should have all the equipment you need to view and copy them.
Here is a link to locate your local FHC.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
What records have you already pulled for your family? Census? ship manifest(s)?, naturalizations? birth and/or death certificates? others?
Let us know, We maybe able to help you obtain some of these records, if you don't already have them.
Hope this helps.
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Earthquake in Marsicovetere
Link to possible manifest for Carolina Frantantuono & children.
http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 2700080145
First Name: Carolina
Last Name: Fratantuono
Ethnicity: Italy, South Italian
Last Place of Residence: Potenza
Date of Arrival: Oct 14, 1903
Age at Arrival: 30y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Germania
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0027
http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 2700080145
First Name: Carolina
Last Name: Fratantuono
Ethnicity: Italy, South Italian
Last Place of Residence: Potenza
Date of Arrival: Oct 14, 1903
Age at Arrival: 30y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Germania
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0027
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Earthquake in Marsicovetere
This looks like Rocco on the 1910 census
1910 United States Federal Census Record
about Rocco Sileo
Name: Rocco Sileo
[Rocco Tilco]
Age in 1910: 53
Estimated birth year: abt 1857
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1910: Newark Ward 7, Essex, New Jersey
Neighbors: View Results
Race: White
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Year of Immigration: 1898
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Household Members: Name Age
Rocco Sileo 53
Caroline Sileo 39
Marie Sileo 20
Joseph Sileo 18
Vincent Sileo 15
John Sileo 6
Michael Sileo 4
Rose Sileo 1
Marisa
1910 United States Federal Census Record
about Rocco Sileo
Name: Rocco Sileo
[Rocco Tilco]
Age in 1910: 53
Estimated birth year: abt 1857
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1910: Newark Ward 7, Essex, New Jersey
Neighbors: View Results
Race: White
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Year of Immigration: 1898
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Household Members: Name Age
Rocco Sileo 53
Caroline Sileo 39
Marie Sileo 20
Joseph Sileo 18
Vincent Sileo 15
John Sileo 6
Michael Sileo 4
Rose Sileo 1
Marisa
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
Re: Earthquake in Marsicovetere
Link to the 1910 census info provided by Marisa.
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2425 ... 9109dc.jpg
Marisa,
And for your continuing education, please see this link.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =2987.html
As Trish would say "smile for me!"
Hugs,
nonna j
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/2425 ... 9109dc.jpg
Marisa,
And for your continuing education, please see this link.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =2987.html
As Trish would say "smile for me!"
Hugs,
nonna j
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Re: Earthquake in Marsicovetere
Hi Nonna J
I would link them if I could see the original image - but I can't. I am using a pay-per-view thing and I am down to my last credit
As soon as I use that- then I'm off ancestry again. So all I can see are the indexes. Sorry
Marisa xx
I would link them if I could see the original image - but I can't. I am using a pay-per-view thing and I am down to my last credit
Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
Re: Earthquake in Marsicovetere
Sorry, Marisa....forgot that you did mention that!
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.


