Marriage documents

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
sknurbein
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 03:32

Marriage documents

Post by sknurbein »

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me translate one of the pages from my 4x Great Grandparent's marriage documentation. Giovanna Vitale's father Aniello Antonio Vitale died in 1820 long before she was married. It says that she provided his death certificate which unfortunately did not include his parent's names, only the name of his wife Anna Sessa. However, it says that additional paternal information was supplied but I'm not sure if this is her grandfather's information? I may not be translating it correctly: "Atto di morte dell'ano paterno della sposa medesima."

Here is a link to the page in question:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0


Was her Grandfather Sabbato Vitale? I may not be reading it correctly. He appears to have died in October 1788. Any additional insight or information is welcome.

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate your time and assistance!
darkerhorse
Master
Master
Posts: 4006
Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31

Re: Marriage documents

Post by darkerhorse »

Have you checked the allegati?
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9246
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Marriage documents

Post by erudita74 »

sknurbein wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 21:03 Hi, I was hoping someone could help me translate one of the pages from my 4x Great Grandparent's marriage documentation. Giovanna Vitale's father Aniello Antonio Vitale died in 1820 long before she was married. It says that she provided his death certificate which unfortunately did not include his parent's names, only the name of his wife Anna Sessa. However, it says that additional paternal information was supplied but I'm not sure if this is her grandfather's information? I may not be translating it correctly: "Atto di morte dell'ano paterno della sposa medesima."

Here is a link to the page in question:

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0


Was her Grandfather Sabbato Vitale? I may not be reading it correctly. He appears to have died in October 1788. Any additional insight or information is welcome.

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate your time and assistance!
This death record is for Sabbato Vitale who died on Sept 28, 1788 at about age 73, husband of Livia Nastri. These should be the paternal grandparents of the bride
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Marriage documents

Post by mmogno »

sknurbein wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 21:03 "Atto di morte dell'avo paterno della sposa medesima."
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
sknurbein
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 03:32

Re: Marriage documents

Post by sknurbein »

Thank you all!
Post Reply