Which comune/i good to register for obtaining Italian citizenship

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
volpin
Rookie
Rookie

Which comune/i good to register for obtaining Italian citizenship

Post by volpin »

Buongiorno

I have most documents that are needed to lodge my citizenship request and instead of doing it through a consulate, I am planning to spend some time in Italy and do the process there.

I believe you do not have to do this in the comune that your ancestor came from and I have been looking at places where I would like to spend a few months.
But as procedures and waiting lists can differ (significantly) I am wondering whether there is a list of comunes that are widely considered good to register in with the aim to obtaining Italian citizenship through descent (jure sanguinis).

Any experences / ideas out there?

Grazie
G. Volpin
GGF Volpin - Ceregnano, Rovigo, Veneto
GGM Sartorato - Bovolenta, Padova, Veneto
GGF Lattari - Fuscaldo, Cosenza, Calabria
GGM Storchi - San Benedetto Po, Mantova, Lombardia
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Which comune/i good to register for obtaining Italian citizenship

Post by suanj »

Hi, in any case, whether you want to apply for dual citizenship in the municipality of origin of your Italian ancestor, or whether you want to apply in another Italian municipality, it is always the Italian municipality of birth of your ancestor that must recognize the Italian citizenship, and all your data will be entered in this Municipality and whatever you need, the reference is always this town of origin of your Italian ancestor.
the time, are the technical work times in normal conditions, I don't know if they are the same in coronavirus situation, which normally range from a minimum of 3 months to about 6 months, from what I know. It can be done sooner or later, the months I wrote are only indicative. Because the municipality of birth of your ancestor, then has to contact the central government, sending the documentation, to get the answer of course.

Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
imonika

Re: Which comune/i good to register for obtaining Italian citizenship

Post by imonika »

Thanks for sharing this.