Locate a birth registry

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
italianmom
Master
Master

Locate a birth registry

Post by italianmom »

Could you please try and locate the birth registry for Barbara Scuderi. She was born in Monte San Giuliano, Sicily on May 13, 1860. It looks like all the births in Antenati you can see for that year were in December. The rest of the months were not there, best I could tell.

Thank you
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Re: Locate a birth registry

Post by darkerhorse »

Could this be her? Wrong town but right region, wrong date but close.

Name: Barbara Scuderi
Birth Date: 3 dic 1858 (3 Dec 1858)
Birth Place: Francavilla Di Sicilia, Messina, Italy
Father: Carmelo Scuderi
Mother: Maria Fiumedinisi
FHL Film Number: 1466590
Reference ID: 136
bbivona
Master
Master

Post by bbivona »

darkerhorse wrote: 23 Sep 2021, 18:40 Could this be her? Wrong town but right region, wrong date but close.

Name: Barbara Scuderi
Birth Date: 3 dic 1858 (3 Dec 1858)
Birth Place: Francavilla Di Sicilia, Messina, Italy
Father: Carmelo Scuderi
Mother: Maria Fiumedinisi
FHL Film Number: 1466590
Reference ID: 136
Scuderi is a very common name in Italy. Even then though there are only a couple of years difference on the birth dates, it doesn't seem likely that this is same person given the differences. Messina is 150 miles from Monte San Giuliano, which is a fairly isolated mountaintop town.
http://www.gens.info/italia/it/turismo- ... U0OVrhKirw
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
italianmom
Master
Master

Post by italianmom »

That is not her. Her father was Alberto Scuderi and her mother was Antonina Mangiapane.
Thank you for looking for her for me. It is appreciated very much.
Pat
italianmom
Master
Master

Post by italianmom »

Could the birth registries for Girolamo Virgilio in 1856 and Barbara Scuderi in 1860 be in the Diversi registry? Could you provide me with an access link and I will look in there? I may need years surrounding 1856 and 1860 to look.
Thank you very much!
Pat
bbivona
Master
Master

Post by bbivona »

italianmom wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 19:44 Could the birth registries for Girolamo Virgilio in 1856 and Barbara Scuderi in 1860 be in the Diversi registry? Could you provide me with an access link and I will look in there? I may need years surrounding 1856 and 1860 to look.
Thank you very much!
Pat
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ggi+Erice/
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
italianmom
Master
Master

Post by italianmom »

Thank you for the link. Neither one are in Diversi or the standard registry. I checked several years around the year they should have been born based on the ages that were stated when they were married. I sent to Erice to request their birth information. I'll see what they come up with.
Pat
italianmom
Master
Master

Post by italianmom »

Erice located her birth information and mailed it to me.
Thank you for looking for me.