Trying to locate the names of parents on a marriage record!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 May 2020, 05:31

Trying to locate the names of parents on a marriage record!

Post by CaptainCatholic »

Hi everyone! Several years ago, a cousin of mine conducted research in the Curia of Troia, Puglia. He was able to find the birth, marriage and death records of our ancestors going back to the 17th century. He took detailed handwritten notes about all of the records he found, but he was unable to photograph the records themselves.

Recently, I hired a genealogist to photograph the original records themselves! So far, all of the notes my cousin took match up perfectly with the pictures I have of the original records.

However, there is one thing I can't figure out. My 4th-Great-Grandmother was named Antonia Caldarola. My cousin was able to find her marriage record and her death record, and I was able to obtain pictures of both.

According to my cousin's notes, Antonia's father was named Savino Caldarola and her mother was named Antonia Cacchio. However, when I look at Antonia's marriage record and death record, I do not see either of these names.

I am attaching both records below! Are the names "Savino Caldarola" and/or "Antonia Cacchio" on these records? Perhaps their names are abbreviated somewhere in the records and I just can't find them?

An additional note: My cousin never found a birth record for Antonia Caldarola, so we assume she was not born in Troia. Additionally, my researcher said the marriage processetto for Antonia couldn't be found. This would make sense since my cousin never found Antonia's birth record (which would have been contained in the processetto).

So I am pretty confident that these two records (Antonia's marriage record and death record) are the only two documents my cousin found! I am hoping the names "Savino Caldarola" and "Antonia Cacchio" are in there somewhere but I am just missing them!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much! :-)
Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4677
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Trying to locate the names of parents on a marriage record!

Post by mmogno »

The names "Savino Caldarola" and "Antonia Cacchio" do not appear in Antonia's marriage record and death record.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: Trying to locate the names of parents on a marriage record!

Post by rlw254 »

He most likely used her age from the death record, 50, to search for a baptism record around 1753 to find the parents' names.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 May 2020, 05:31

Re: Trying to locate the names of parents on a marriage record!

Post by CaptainCatholic »

mmogno wrote: 30 Nov 2021, 22:37 The names "Savino Caldarola" and "Antonia Cacchio" do not appear in Antonia's marriage record and death record.

Hey thanks so much mmogno!! I really appreciate you checking. That's a shame they don't appear though - I'm wondering where my cousin found it! Anyway thank you again!
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 May 2020, 05:31

Re: Trying to locate the names of parents on a marriage record!

Post by CaptainCatholic »

rlw254 wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 03:07 He most likely used her age from the death record, 50, to search for a baptism record around 1753 to find the parents' names.

Hey thanks rlw254! I was thinking that too, although in checking with my cousin, he said he wasn't able to find a baptism record for her! So I was assuming he got the names from the marriage or death record, but apparently they aren't on there!

The only thing I can think of is maybe there is marriage processetti, but my researcher said he could not find one (only this marriage record). I just emailed my cousin, perhaps he can shed some light! Thanks again!!
User avatar
Italysearcher
Master
Master
Posts: 3470
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
Location: Sora, Italy
Contact:

Re: Trying to locate the names of parents on a marriage record!

Post by Italysearcher »

Sometimes the priest wrote the parents names in the index but not in the actual record. Parish Marriage processetti are usually kept in the Diocese not the Parish especially when the parties are from different parishes or towns..
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
CaptainCatholic
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 222
Joined: 11 May 2020, 05:31

Re: Trying to locate the names of parents on a marriage record!

Post by CaptainCatholic »

Italysearcher wrote: 01 Dec 2021, 16:01 Sometimes the priest wrote the parents names in the index but not in the actual record. Parish Marriage processetti are usually kept in the Diocese not the Parish especially when the parties are from different parishes or towns..

Hi Ann, thanks for the response!! Ah, that's a very good point - I did not think about the index! The researcher didn't provide me with pictures of the index, but you're right, it's very possible the names are located there (if there is one for these records). I will have to ask them about that! The researcher did go to the Curia of Troia for the records, as I believe Antonia Caldarola was born in a different town, as you said. Thanks again for your help!
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4677
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Trying to locate the names of parents on a marriage record!

Post by mmogno »

The marriage record of Carlo di Gennaro to Antonia Caldirola says: "Ex mandato Aepiscopalis Curiae Trojanae in die 20a mensis 8bris 1769. Una pro tribus habita proclamatione in die festivo, et in Parochiali Ecclesia Sancti Andreae Apostoli praedictae civitatis, de matrimonio contrahendo inter Carolum di Gennaro, et Antoniam Caldarola praedictae civitatis et Parochiae Sancti Andreae, sed Carolus Parochiae Cathedralis".
Both Carlo and Antonia were from Troia, but Antonia from the Parish of St. Andrew the Apostle, and Carlo from the Parish of the Cathedral.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Post Reply