Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by wldspirit »

Here are census forms to transcribe your data...easier to read your own handwriting!!!! :wink:

http://www.genealogy.com/00000061.html

and these family group sheets are great for tracking the family at a glance....

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... mGrpRe.ASP

wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by nuccia »

wldspirit wrote:Nuccia is better at getting these images into a larger format..... :oops:
Mine always need a magnifying glass!!!!!

wldspirit
I'll try to make it larger and re post it.


nuccia :D
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by nuccia »

Heres the resized image..I hope I linked to correct one!

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/103/ ... tomqc4.jpg

It seems a bit better...I actually like using the forms wldspirit provided. Its great to back everything up anyway on paper.

nuccia :D
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by suanj »

Hi, the surname spelling could be different... I found a Valentin Marincic austrian (slovenian), single, age 24 in 1905 (imm. year) and needing of some suggestions... I don't able in final destination reading, perhaps someone can help:

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 2482020412
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by nuccia »

I believe going to Clevland Ohio like the others...originally thought Penn. :?

Anyone else?

Just to further complicate things, I Looked up Anton Novac in 1900 census...came back as Nebraska and Chicago...all from Bohemia
nuccia :D
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by wldspirit »

Much better.....it can be viewed without the magnifying glass..... :lol:
wldspirit
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by vj »

look at line 27 same manifest: Tercio, Colorado

It exists!
googled it - old coal mining town

suanj, great find, my money's on this one! Valarie :)

note the number of ways colorado is written on this manifest, never the
same way twice: col. colo. colorado
goodgrief!

btw, isn't it 5:20AM in Italy?? suanj? :wink:
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by jcsm400 »

Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by suanj »

Hi great help, really could be tercio Colorado... perhaps is the right person.. the surname, also in Italy, is spelled Marincic or Marincich, in the past it was always same family branche..... the Grafenbrun or Grofenbrun, from what i understand is near Gorizia are .. but I cannot find it because the last political changements , after WWII are so much, and many towns changed the name... thanks !kisses! suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by vj »

edit
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by suanj »

another suggestion:
here is a ship's manifest of a Marincic people (slovenian) that came from same town of Valentin Marincic ( it seem Grafenbrun/Grofenburn or similar spell), well , this marincic people going in Pueblo, Colorado from a KNAFELC friend in pueblo.. I believe that could be a error: Knafelc instead of Knaflec, but what is interesting is, that, the Marincic people came in Colorado:

Jochan Marincic

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 2604110515
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
mgonzales
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Albuqerque, New Mexico USA

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by mgonzales »

Man you guys are Awesome!!!! I told my mother and she was blown away..
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by jcsm400 »

Possible town (s) of birth?

http://data.jewishgen.org/wconnect/wc.d ... shtetlexp5

Perhaps getting his death certificate & naturalization record will help find the correct town of birth. Death certificate may also provide parent information.

Here is a link to to the available LDS films for naturalizaations in US District Court, Pueblo Division.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... +1877-1952++

Locate your nearest LDS-Family History Center.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Guide to obtaining the films.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =2581.html

Slovakian Research>

http://www.geocities.com/aitkenms/slovakia.html

These are only my suggestions, perhaps someone else can help you better as to how to proceed.

:) jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by suanj »

WOW... perhaps I found the right spelling of name town: Grafenbrunn aka Knežak currently, (Obcina Benedikt region, SLOVENIA) map: http://www.fallingrain.com/world/SI/0/Knezak.html
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
tonib
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Does anyone know a Marincich or Knaflec?

Post by tonib »

I am related to both Marincich and Martinelli families.

If I am correct, your grandmother is Jean (Marincich/Martinelli) Genova, and your mother is Helena Gonzales.

Correct?

Jean Genova is my great-grandmother's sister. My great grandmother is Frances (Marincich/Novak) Masciotra.
Post Reply