Approximate date of a photo..?

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Approximate date of a photo..?

Post by MarcuccioV »

This is a pic of a lady in Italy I found in family photos. She appears to resemble my grandmother's side, but I'm not certain. Is there any way to discern a possible date range by how she is dressed so I can possibly narrow it down..? The photo has nothing written on the back...
Attachments
UnkItaly-Enhanced.jpg
Mark

If you ignore your foundation, your house will eventually collapse...

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Re: Approximate date of a photo..?

Post by darkerhorse »

Just a wild guess, reminds me of the 1940s in the U.S. Don't know whether Italy would be ahead or behind in such fashion.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

1940's was also my first thought when I saw the pic earlier. I'm intrigued by the semi-closed-in shoes with the little hole at the front. I had a quick search and it looks like that style was around in that time frame as well.

Angela
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

Okay, that confirms my thinking...
Mark

Surnames: Attiani Belli Bucci Calvano Cerci DelBrusco Falera Latini Marsili Mattia Mezzo Nardecchia Pellegrini Piacentini Pizzuti Pontecorvo Recchia Topani Ziantona & Zorli
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I agree with darkerhorse and Angela, definitely 1940s, after WWII probably, because in those years they wore platform shoes..
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
MarcuccioV
Master
Master

Post by MarcuccioV »

Thank you all for your input. I'm still at a loss as to who she is...
Mark