Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SantaNinfa wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 20:11
Hi Tom (and Tessa) -
I just came across your thread. A little known resource for passenger manifests is the database of outbound Italian passengers. While not comprehensive by any means, hits are often more successful because this databse originates in Italy. Results can then be used to track down the US inbound manifests.
I just looked at all the matches for men named Clemente Ferraro who traveled to the US. I actually recognized a couple of them from my many searches over the years!
The other Clemente from Maddaloni that you mentioned, was listed at a much younger age, and traveled to the US after the date that we believe great-grandpa had died.
The younger Clemente is not a relative, as far as I know.
I am starting to wonder if there is some sort of nickname for "Clemente" that great-grandpa may have used on his second trip.
Italians have not invented coffee, yet the passion they have for it makes the rest of world believe they discovered it. Around the end of the sixteen century, it was Venice where coffee was first introduced. Thanks to its trade relationship with the Eastern countries. Initially, coffee was considere...