Agostino Rubino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
cindyfaye0713
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Oct 2014, 15:00

Agostino Rubino

Post by cindyfaye0713 »

I am looking for the date of death for Agostino Rubino who was born 1842.11.29. He married Concetta Cassano on 1876.02.17 at Zisa in Palermo. I believe his father is Ignazio Rubino and his mother is Vincenza Carramusa, but I have been unable to verify. Concetta came to US, died 1929.11.13 and is buried in Batavia NY. Any info would be beneficial. Thank you!
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Agostino Rubino

Post by Tessa78 »

To verify parents as Ignazio Rubbino and Vincenza Carramusa...

Here is birth act #136 in 1842 in Zisa for Agostino
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 37/LNgVl7y

And the marriage act #7 in 1876 in Zisa
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639

T.
cindyfaye0713
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Oct 2014, 15:00

Re: Agostino Rubino

Post by cindyfaye0713 »

Thank you for the quick reply!

I do not have any information on the parents of Ignazio, the father of Agostino Rubino or the parents of Vincenza Carramusa, the mother of Agostino Rubino. Would the marriage record for Ignazio Rubino and Vincenza Carramusa contain the names of their parents?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Agostino Rubino

Post by Tessa78 »

I have searched the marriage records from 1829 through 1842 in Zisa and did not find them (year 1841 is missing - but I checked the notifications and they do not appear there.)
Marriages took place in the hometown of the bride, so it is possible that they were married elsewhere.

I did locate a son, Filippo, born to Ignazio and Vincenza in 1839.
#79
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 29/572Dpyq

Additional documentation of Agostino's marriage in 1876 - the Publication record.
#6

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2051639

A processetti or Allegati (attachments) for the marriage would contain the death act of Ignazio Rubino, as he was listed as deceased on Agostino's marriage. The death act would have the names of Ignazio's parents.


T.
cindyfaye0713
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Oct 2014, 15:00

Re: Agostino Rubino

Post by cindyfaye0713 »

Thank you, again!

Can you translate the wedding certificate?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Agostino Rubino

Post by Tessa78 »

Marriage of Agostino Rubino and Concetta Cassano
#7
Dated 17 February 1876 in Zisa
Groom: Agostino Rubino, 33, cart driver, born in Palermo, residing in this township [of Zisa] , son of deceased Ignazio, who resided in Palermo in his lifetime; and of Vincenza Carramusa, residing in this township [Zisa in Palermo]
Bride: Concetta Cassano, 21, weaver, born in Palermo, residing in this township, daughter of Luigi, and of Girolama Giae', both residing in Zisa.
It then lists the publication of Banns, which I posted for you above.

T.
cindyfaye0713
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Oct 2014, 15:00

Re: Agostino Rubino

Post by cindyfaye0713 »

Thank you! That now gives my their occupations. Now I just need to figure out where else the family lived in Palermo. You have been a great help!
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Agostino Rubino

Post by Tessa78 »

Just an FYI - Ignazio's occupation at the birth of Agostino was "guardia di polizia" - police guard.

Also... I have searched extensively through the death acts (late 1850s through 1876) in Zisa and did not find Ignzaio.
But there are many years missing.

Zisa is a "sezione" section/neighborhood of the city of Palermo.

ALSO... Concetta Cassano's mother's maiden name is Gioe'

T.
Post Reply