Do you know what this means? Maricote and dimentaci
Do you know what this means? Maricote and dimentaci
I received a letter from Italy from a friend, and she said that she wanted to send me a certain regional "dimentaci." From the context, I can tell it is some sort of food. It is possible I can't read the handwriting. Any guesses what this is? Any words that sound or look like that? Also, does any one know what "maricote" means. Again, maybe I am misreading the handwriting, so if you know any similar words, I would appreciate it.
Re: Do you know what this means? Maricote and dimentaci
If she is talking about food... maybe the "maricote" could be "manicotto"...
http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/glossar ... sp?id=1281
Info from above site...
In the United States, cannelloni is known as manicotti. The Italian term "manicotti" is the plural of manicotto ("muff"), the diminutive of manica ("sleeve").
http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/glossar ... sp?id=1281
-------------
Dimentaci? hmmm... I forgot!...
Actually, dimentico is the closest word I can find to "dimentaci"... and it does mean to forget...
If you want a small portion of your letter posted here at this forum please let me know. You'd get a better opinion.
All you need is a digital camera pic.
http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/glossar ... sp?id=1281
Info from above site...
In the United States, cannelloni is known as manicotti. The Italian term "manicotti" is the plural of manicotto ("muff"), the diminutive of manica ("sleeve").
http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/glossar ... sp?id=1281
-------------
Dimentaci? hmmm... I forgot!...
Actually, dimentico is the closest word I can find to "dimentaci"... and it does mean to forget...
If you want a small portion of your letter posted here at this forum please let me know. You'd get a better opinion.
All you need is a digital camera pic.

