Tracing my family roots

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
kiddle5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 27 Dec 2006, 00:00

Re: Tracing my family roots

Post by kiddle5 »

Well, I can't thank you enough!
Now I have so much more to go on....and more work to do!

Janet
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Tracing my family roots

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Janet,

Daniel's birth record shows Lewis's & Jennie's birth place as Ferrara, Italy (nice find, vj), but I'm not sure if that is the town or just the province.......You can obtain more US documentation for this information and/or request their marriage act & their son's, Pietro's, birth act from:

1. Cento City Hall (last residence)

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Provenzali, 15
44042 Cento (FE)
ITALY

email: sindaco@comune.cento.fe.it

and/or

2. Ferrara City Hall

Ufficio di Stato Civile
Ferrara City Hall
Piazza Municipale, 2
44100 Ferrara (FE)
ITALY

email: urp@comune.fe.it

If their birth town is Cento, then you will have to write for all records, but if the birth town is Ferrara, then you can either write or use the available films from the LDS Church.

Hope this helps.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
kiddle5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 27 Dec 2006, 00:00

Re: Tracing my family roots

Post by kiddle5 »

Thank you everyone!
I'll let you know how things turn out!

Janet
User avatar
agripofi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: 10 Feb 2007, 00:00

Re: Tracing my family roots

Post by agripofi »

Hi,
I do genealogy for hobby, and now every year I gather some 25 to 50 people from all over the US, Canada and Australia for the family reunion.

This year's October Reunion in Pofi (Frosinone) with interesting trip to Sicily, Calabria, Amalfi Coast and Naples, please contact me.
Reunion cost special only around 650 Euros all included for 8 days of great fun! (from Oct 6 to Oct 13)
Organizer : Agripofi

Tony
pizzicaroli@aol.com
www.agripofi.it
Post Reply