Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Hi,
My family name is Bernardi and I would be interested in finding out what the '..ardi' means. There are a few with this extension such as Ricardi, lombardi.
Cheers
Mario
"No family history would be complete without at least one name of Norman French origin, introduced into Italy in the 11th and 12th centuries by crusaders who preferred to remain behind. Frequently these names can be identified by the endings -ieri and -ardo/ardi."
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Ever since I was a little boy, my dad would show me my great grandfather's card, and tell me that he was a count in Italy. I was always intrigued by that, but never really thought about asking my grandmother questions, or anyone else for that matter. About ten years ago, as more and more information...