Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Glosch26 wrote: 22 May 2021, 03:36
Hi I think that we might be cousins. My great grandparents were Rocco and Benadetta Perrozzi. My grandma was Edith Perrozzi , Rocco's daughter. My grandma Edith (Italia) married Cosmo Domiano Gennaro (Fred). They had a son (my dad) Jack Gennaro. I have Rocco's WWI papers but they are in Italian and I can't read them. I also have their passports and I think maybe other papers. I am Ginger Losch (Gennaro)
The name Italia, probably a Graecized form of Italic Vitelia (='calf land'), was originally restricted to the southern half of the 'toe' but was gradually extended. By 450 B.C. It meant the region subsequently inhabited by the Bruttii; by 400 it embraced Lucania as well. Campania was included after ...