Born South American but of Italian origin

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
raviolis
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 28 Apr 2007, 00:00

Born South American but of Italian origin

Post by raviolis »

Hello,
I am trying to think of new ways to go about finding info. out on my grandfather. He was born in Santa Lucia, Buenos Aires, South America but his parents and family were from San Vito, Chietino, Chieti, Abruzzi, Italy. I know he was born in 1899 and in 1907 came to the USA. I have no clue how to track where exactly he was born or write to for Birth certificates. When they came to the US in 1907, the ship traveled from Naples and so I am led to believe that they went back to Italy for some amount of time and then onto USA.. Being that my grandfather was born in South America, he would be considered a South American citizen, correct?
I have never seen any mention of him being naturalized. How old do children have to be to be naturalized. It was never listed in any census records either. Thank you for any help.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Born South American but of Italian origin

Post by suanj »

well you can to find the your great grandparents births and marriage in Italian birthplace... and when your ancestors back in Italy, in any way the grandfather was also italian citizen born in foreign country, and resident in Italy ( when back) and the birthact of your grandfather must to be registered also in Italy residence's place .. if he born in 1899 in Santa Lucia, Buenos Aires, when the family back in Italy( between 1899 and 1907) they registered the birth of child also in Italy.... so no problem for you....regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
raviolis
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 28 Apr 2007, 00:00

Re: Born South American but of Italian origin

Post by raviolis »

Thank you very much! Ciao
drovedo
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 134
Joined: 24 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Born South American but of Italian origin

Post by drovedo »

Contact the US Department of State, Visa office
User avatar
raviolis
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 28 Apr 2007, 00:00

Re: Born South American but of Italian origin

Post by raviolis »

Is this the link for the state VIsa... http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html If so, I did not see anything that will help. Thank you for your help.
Post Reply