Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I can't seem to figure out what the name is of this person. He is a male and my great grandfather Guiseppe Angelicola was going to stay with him in Waterbury CT in 1916.
According to the ship's manifest, the "San Guglielmo", arrived July 3, 1916 and Guiseppe and his daughter were going to his brother in laws house at 15 Jackson (?) St. Looks like Becci Nicola ? Or Dicola but I cant find anything. I probably am way off but any input would be appreciated
here is a link to view the image.... http://www.homespuncountrytreasures.com/guiseppe.jpg
The surname looks like DiCola to me. Definitely Waterbury, Conn. The first name is a tough one...Bacco is an Italian man's first name. It doesn't really look like that but close.
rockitmom57 wrote:I can't seem to figure out what the name is of this person. He is a male and my great grandfather Guiseppe Angelicola was going to stay with him in Waterbury CT in 1916.
According to the ship's manifest, the "San Guglielmo", arrived July 3, 1916 and Guiseppe and his daughter were going to his brother in laws house at 15 Jackson (?) St. Looks like Becci Nicola ? Or Dicola but I cant find anything. I probably am way off but any input would be appreciated
here is a link to view the image.... http://www.homespuncountrytreasures.com/guiseppe.jpg
Thanks for any help!!
Lori
I think it is "brother-in-law Nicola Becci"
(remember on Italian manifests, often the surname is listed first)
Does that work for you? Nicola could have been the husband of a sister.
Which conditions may have an effect - positive or negative - on your Italian family history project. The following insights, based on many years of experience in Italy, pertain to factors that have very little to do with Italian genealogy per se, but involve vast cultural differences that influence ...