Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vj wrote:Natalie,
Thanks for the jumping up and down image
I think we all know what you mean
It's great when one search turns up a lot
of great information and more clues.
I'm so glad we could pull together some more
pieces for you.
Please let us know if you need anything else -
you have a fun family to research.
I especially enjoyed reading about Caterina,
she must have been very special.
Valarie
Thank for all your help Valarie, it means the world to me. I just may need your assistance again in the future! As for Caterina, sadly I never got to meet her as the family lost touch, but yes I heard she was a very special woman.
Natalie
Researching the names Virelli, Pellegrino, Pipio, Megale, Mastromatteo
I just joined this site because I saw you searching for the surname Pipio and mentioning Maria Pipio in a census. My great grandmother was Maria Laura DiFillipo (spelling varies) Pipio, married to Giuseppe Pipio. They had a son, Giovanni (John Edward) Pipio - later changed to Pippio, and a daughter, Pasqualina Pipio Buetti. I believe that Giuseppe Pipio was married to a woman named Rosa Villela, and they had at least 3 children together. Do these names sound familiar to you?
I apologize for adding you as a friend without asking your permission. I was trying to contact you.
In Italy Christmas is usually dedicated to family, while New Year's eve is spend to have fun and celebrate with friends. The most common tradition for New Year's Eve it's called "Veglione" that literally means "The Big Stay Awake". A Veglione is usually organized in restaurants, hotels or clubs and...