TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
Hello,
My G.G. Grandparents (Lucia Terrazzano and Giovanni Monzo) were from Sessa Cilento (Salerno) but the FHC has not Microfilmed the Records yet. I was wondering if there are any On-Line Records for this town. If not I will have to write directly to the Town. If anyone knows of any On-Line Records for this town, it would really be appreciated.
Thanks!
Saluti da Philadelphia,
John Monzo
My G.G. Grandparents (Lucia Terrazzano and Giovanni Monzo) were from Sessa Cilento (Salerno) but the FHC has not Microfilmed the Records yet. I was wondering if there are any On-Line Records for this town. If not I will have to write directly to the Town. If anyone knows of any On-Line Records for this town, it would really be appreciated.
Thanks!
Saluti da Philadelphia,
John Monzo
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
I encountered the same problem. Writing is the only way at this point.
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
Hi John,
I see you are from Philly also!
Me too! 
The Family History Centers do not have microfilm for your town. You will have to write to the town directly for records.
Here is the address.
Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Sessa Cilento
Via XXIV Maggio SA
84074 Sessa Cilento
ITALY
Here is a form letter from ICC that will help you translate your letter into Italian.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
I hope this helps.
Trish
I see you are from Philly also!
The Family History Centers do not have microfilm for your town. You will have to write to the town directly for records.
Here is the address.
Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Sessa Cilento
Via XXIV Maggio SA
84074 Sessa Cilento
ITALY
Here is a form letter from ICC that will help you translate your letter into Italian.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
I hope this helps.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
John,
Just saw your post after my (almost exact) post. I'm looking for these as well. I will be in the area next June, and would like to consult the records before then. Surnames I'm researching from Sesso Cilento: Vitale (Pasquale) and Bonadies (Beatrice). If the records don't exist outside of Sessa Cilento, I will write in advance of my trip and find out if I can consult them while I'm there. I'd be happy to look up your people as well.
Best, Michelle
Just saw your post after my (almost exact) post. I'm looking for these as well. I will be in the area next June, and would like to consult the records before then. Surnames I'm researching from Sesso Cilento: Vitale (Pasquale) and Bonadies (Beatrice). If the records don't exist outside of Sessa Cilento, I will write in advance of my trip and find out if I can consult them while I'm there. I'd be happy to look up your people as well.
Best, Michelle
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
Hi,
Thanks, I think that is the next step since it looks like that will be the only way at this point.
Thanks Again!
John
Thanks, I think that is the next step since it looks like that will be the only way at this point.
Thanks Again!
John
lilbees wrote:I encountered the same problem. Writing is the only way at this point.
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
Hi Trish,
Thanks for your reply. I'm in South Philly!
I have been hoping for this Town to be Microfilmed for years and I recently checked at the FHC Site to see if any filming was done yet. Actually, I have been performing Research on and off both Professionally and for Myself since 1984. I just decided to get back to this Line of My Family and had hoped that the FHC might have did some filming here but no luck yet. I spent many, many hours back in the 80's at the FHC in Broomal, they were the Pre-Internet Days!!
The last time I visited my Family in Italy I visited with my Mother's Family the whole time and never got to the Salerno area to visit with my Father's Family. I did quite a bit of Research while I was there, just wish I would have gone further South to Sessa Cilento!!
Anyway, I'm just going to send a request to the Town, I was just hoping that there was something on-line before I started the letter writing.
Well, Thanks Again for your reply Trish, always nice to hear from a Fellow Philadelphian!
Take Care,
John
Thanks for your reply. I'm in South Philly!
I have been hoping for this Town to be Microfilmed for years and I recently checked at the FHC Site to see if any filming was done yet. Actually, I have been performing Research on and off both Professionally and for Myself since 1984. I just decided to get back to this Line of My Family and had hoped that the FHC might have did some filming here but no luck yet. I spent many, many hours back in the 80's at the FHC in Broomal, they were the Pre-Internet Days!!
The last time I visited my Family in Italy I visited with my Mother's Family the whole time and never got to the Salerno area to visit with my Father's Family. I did quite a bit of Research while I was there, just wish I would have gone further South to Sessa Cilento!!
Anyway, I'm just going to send a request to the Town, I was just hoping that there was something on-line before I started the letter writing.
Well, Thanks Again for your reply Trish, always nice to hear from a Fellow Philadelphian!
Take Care,
John
brujaojos wrote:Hi John,
I see you are from Philly also!Me too!
The Family History Centers do not have microfilm for your town. You will have to write to the town directly for records.
Here is the address.
Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Sessa Cilento
Via XXIV Maggio SA
84074 Sessa Cilento
ITALY
Here is a form letter from ICC that will help you translate your letter into Italian.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
I hope this helps.
Trish
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
Hi Michelle,
Thanks for your reply. I have not come across your Surnames in my Research but if I ever do I will make sure to get in touch. At this point I know that I will have to start with the Letter writing. Thanks for your offer to look up my Names also. If I do not get any results before then I just might take you up on the offer. I do not think that I will be there before you but if by some chance, I will be sure to let you know and will be glad to look up your names for you. In the meantime, check out this Website, it has some good info on Cilentani who came to America.
http://www.alfonsotoscano.it/AEC92-00.htm
Thanks Again Michelle,
Take Care,
John
Thanks for your reply. I have not come across your Surnames in my Research but if I ever do I will make sure to get in touch. At this point I know that I will have to start with the Letter writing. Thanks for your offer to look up my Names also. If I do not get any results before then I just might take you up on the offer. I do not think that I will be there before you but if by some chance, I will be sure to let you know and will be glad to look up your names for you. In the meantime, check out this Website, it has some good info on Cilentani who came to America.
http://www.alfonsotoscano.it/AEC92-00.htm
Thanks Again Michelle,
Take Care,
John
sforza wrote:John,
Just saw your post after my (almost exact) post. I'm looking for these as well. I will be in the area next June, and would like to consult the records before then. Surnames I'm researching from Sesso Cilento: Vitale (Pasquale) and Bonadies (Beatrice). If the records don't exist outside of Sessa Cilento, I will write in advance of my trip and find out if I can consult them while I'm there. I'd be happy to look up your people as well.
Best, Michelle
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
Hi John,nursino wrote:Thanks for your reply. I'm in South Philly!
I spent many, many hours back in the 80's at the FHC in Broomal, they were the Pre-Internet Days!!
Well, Thanks Again for your reply Trish, always nice to hear from a Fellow Philadelphian!
I too am in South Philly!:D Also, I go to the Cherry Hill, NJ Family History Center for me it's much closer than Broomall. However, I too use to go to the Broomall FHC back in the day and I'm sure our paths probably crossed!:)
Keep us posted to how you make out with writing to Italy!
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
Hi Trish,
That's a coincidence! I'm from 11th and Mercy St. I wonder if there are many others from South Philly in the Group. I'm sure that we must have crossed paths back in Broomal. I was there many, many days back then.
OK Trish, Thanks Again and I will definitely let you know when I write and how things turned out. I'm thinking of planning a trip next year and I think that I just might visit with my Father's Family this time. I feel bad to skip seeing anyone when I'm there but I still have so many Relatives living there that it would be impossible to see everyone.
Luckily for the Internet, my Phone Bills are nowhere near what they were before the Internet came along. I e-mail Family Members every day and back in the day we talked on the phone with Family at least every week so I am Very Grateful for e-Mail!!!
Take Care Trish and Enjoy the Christmas Season!!
John
That's a coincidence! I'm from 11th and Mercy St. I wonder if there are many others from South Philly in the Group. I'm sure that we must have crossed paths back in Broomal. I was there many, many days back then.
OK Trish, Thanks Again and I will definitely let you know when I write and how things turned out. I'm thinking of planning a trip next year and I think that I just might visit with my Father's Family this time. I feel bad to skip seeing anyone when I'm there but I still have so many Relatives living there that it would be impossible to see everyone.
Luckily for the Internet, my Phone Bills are nowhere near what they were before the Internet came along. I e-mail Family Members every day and back in the day we talked on the phone with Family at least every week so I am Very Grateful for e-Mail!!!
Take Care Trish and Enjoy the Christmas Season!!
John
brujaojos wrote:Hi John,nursino wrote:Thanks for your reply. I'm in South Philly!
I spent many, many hours back in the 80's at the FHC in Broomal, they were the Pre-Internet Days!!
Well, Thanks Again for your reply Trish, always nice to hear from a Fellow Philadelphian!
I too am in South Philly!:D Also, I go to the Cherry Hill, NJ Family History Center for me it's much closer than Broomall. However, I too use to go to the Broomall FHC back in the day and I'm sure our paths probably crossed!:)
Keep us posted to how you make out with writing to Italy!
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
i am looking for the family of either john or ralph monzo from around the Philadelphia area who was married to Amelia Polito sometime around 1910. they were from Sessa Cilento (San Mango).
in reply to queries re: records in Sessa Cilento, my relative is in charge of the records in Sessa. The last time i visited i was able to get just my mothers birth certificate and some information about the polito family. i was not permitted to research on my own. my relative was using a manual typewriter. i was told that most of the records are stored in a church in perhaps Vallo.
any information on Monzo, Polito. allegro and or Della Greca (changed to Greco in the U.S.) would be appreciated.
in reply to queries re: records in Sessa Cilento, my relative is in charge of the records in Sessa. The last time i visited i was able to get just my mothers birth certificate and some information about the polito family. i was not permitted to research on my own. my relative was using a manual typewriter. i was told that most of the records are stored in a church in perhaps Vallo.
any information on Monzo, Polito. allegro and or Della Greca (changed to Greco in the U.S.) would be appreciated.
- francescovitelli
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 13 Mar 2009, 06:11
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
Hello John
My name is Francesco Vitelli and my father has asked me to get in
contact with a John Monzo who is the nephew of his grand father's sister. I googled and found a John Monzo from mercy street,the address
my father was given last time he went to Paglieta. It seems that
you are the person he is looking for. I have tried emailing you
at the address you gave on this web site but they have not reached you.
Please let me know what is your email address and if you are the john monzo with connections in paglieta.
cheers
frank
My name is Francesco Vitelli and my father has asked me to get in
contact with a John Monzo who is the nephew of his grand father's sister. I googled and found a John Monzo from mercy street,the address
my father was given last time he went to Paglieta. It seems that
you are the person he is looking for. I have tried emailing you
at the address you gave on this web site but they have not reached you.
Please let me know what is your email address and if you are the john monzo with connections in paglieta.
cheers
frank
- dellagreca
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 02:33
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
John, you may remember me from previous e-mails that we exchanged several years ago. My name is Neil Della Greca. I have tried to get in touch with you by phone, but it is not listed and I have not been very successful otherwise. After reading your message I am now convinced that your GG greatgrandmother is my greatgrandfather sister. I have a letter written by my greatgrandfather in 1915 in which he inquires about his sister, but he did not mention her name and I was not able to connect the her to Giovanni Monzo you mentioned when we first were in touch. By the way, there are not Terrazzanos in Sessa. The last name is Ferrazzano which is my mother's last name. Also, I am pretty sure that he had a daughter named after her sister, Lucia. If you get this, send me a message and we will try to figure out a way to communicate verbally or otherwise.
Ciao for now.
Neil
Ciao for now.
Neil
- dellagreca
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 02:33
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
Michelle,
My name is Neil Della Greca. I was born in Sessa Cilento, but live here, in US, for 50 years. The Vitale and Bonadies are from San Mango Cilento. San Mango Cilento is a town less than a mile from Sessa Cilento and is part of the Sessa Cilento Township. I remember both the Vitale and the Bonadies families. One of the Bonadies was mayor of Sessa Cilento for about 8 years. I don't know who is there these days and truthfully, you may know more than me, if you went there in the interim. Please let me know if I can help
Regards
Neil
My name is Neil Della Greca. I was born in Sessa Cilento, but live here, in US, for 50 years. The Vitale and Bonadies are from San Mango Cilento. San Mango Cilento is a town less than a mile from Sessa Cilento and is part of the Sessa Cilento Township. I remember both the Vitale and the Bonadies families. One of the Bonadies was mayor of Sessa Cilento for about 8 years. I don't know who is there these days and truthfully, you may know more than me, if you went there in the interim. Please let me know if I can help
Regards
Neil
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
To bring you up to snuff.. www.tuttitalia.it/campania/33-sessa-cilento
Pick up the www to the right for the townh foto gallery among other tourist attractions. =Peter=
Pick up the www to the right for the townh foto gallery among other tourist attractions. =Peter=
~Peter~
- dellagreca
- Newbie

- Posts: 8
- Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 02:33
Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)
francescovitelli wrote:Hello John
My name is Francesco Vitelli and my father has asked me to get in
contact with a John Monzo who is the nephew of his grand father's sister. I googled and found a John Monzo from mercy street,the address
my father was given last time he went to Paglieta. It seems that
you are the person he is looking for. I have tried emailing you
at the address you gave on this web site but they have not reached you.
Please let me know what is your email address and if you are the john monzo with connections in paglieta.
cheers
frank
FRANK,
I was wondering whether you ever heard from John.
Thanks
Neil

