"La Chiesa di Santa Chiara d’Assisi" - Toscana

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
emiroirausquin
Rookie
Rookie

"La Chiesa di Santa Chiara d’Assisi" - Toscana

Post by emiroirausquin »

Hi,

Guys this is the first time for me trying to find church records.
I am helping a family whose great-great-grandfather was born in the town of Marciana Marina (Elba Island) toscany in 1834.

I was told that those birth records are located in this church ("La Chiesa di Santa Chiara di Assisi"), but I am having big troubles finding where it is located.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks! :o)
Emiro Irausquin Sangiovanni
http://www.italven.org
Genealogia Italiana en Venezuela - Base de Datos de italianos en venezuela 1800-1900
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: "La Chiesa di Santa Chiara d’Assisi" - Tosca

Post by PeterTimber »

The church is located in Marciana Marina 57033, Livorno Province and possibly an island inToscana province You may wish to inspect the microfilm for Toscana which houses the civil records for Marciana proper 57030(be careful there is a marciana in the province of Pisa also in Tosc ana region) from 1745 to 1865 and I suspect but not certain that Marciana marina is included. These records on microfilm are housed at your nearest Mormon churh family history library (www.familysearch.org for location) and can be rented for $5.00. If you decide to go to view the nmicrofilm record then buy.borrow the book Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson and also bring a magnifying glass with you since the entries are handwritten in that glorious calligraphy of the times. =Peter=
emiroirausquin
Rookie
Rookie

Re: "La Chiesa di Santa Chiara d’Assisi" - Tosca

Post by emiroirausquin »

Peter,

Thanks for the info. it's very complete.
Hopefully the church records for that town will be included in the microfilm.

I know what you mean about their writting back them,,, it's really magnificent.

Emiro
Emiro Irausquin Sangiovanni
http://www.italven.org
Genealogia Italiana en Venezuela - Base de Datos de italianos en venezuela 1800-1900