Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
Hi i was doing some reasearch on my name for a report in my english class and found this, I have a Giovanna some were in Family. My GrandParents are from Naples to so if this might be the person you are looking for i can ask my parents for more info on her.
Aaron Joseph Santanello Southern California
Aaron Joseph Santanello Southern California
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
most probable exact spelling of suranme is SANTANIELLO... are many Pasquale SANTANIELLO from Napoli area emigrated on ellis island.. Jennie can be the diminutive of Gennarina first name... in 1905 came this Pasquale: http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 2367090257Tinda wrote:I am trying to find out any info on Pasquale and Jennie Santanello. Their name was changed sometime after coming to US. They are supposed to be from Naples. According to the 1930 census he came over to US in 1905 and her in 1907. Both are said to have come into Ellis Island but that website has come up empty. Does Italy have census records that are available to Americans?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
I found that my g-g-p were from Bracigliano. Pasquale came over in 1899 and she followed later. They married in Springfield MA. She is only listed on all the goverment paperwork as Jennie.
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
I am from Springfield Massachusetts, and when I first saw this thread about "Santanello" I immediately thought of the Bracigliano Santaniello's from around here. Many families came to Springfield from that town and another closeby called Quindici. I assure you, as Suanj pointed out that the name is Santaniello (at least in Italy before they arrived)
Jim
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
I know this is an old thread, but I am also looking for information on a Pasquale and Jennie Santaniello. They are from Westchester with a son Gary who died in 1988. If anyone has come across any information it would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
The Pasquale and Jennie in my family have no children named Gary. It must be another Patsy and Jennie.
- Bella_Bambino
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 00:00
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
i dont know how much this info will help you but my mother knew a frank pasquale his nick name was pop corn and thats all i know atm if u would like i can check into it further for u lol requires me to talk to my physco mom =P
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
Hi!
I jsut saw your query on Santinello.
My family includes Santaniello, and they are from Lauro/Quindici.
They are searchable on the Ellis site. They emmigrated first to NY State, then spread out.
Many later migrated to Canada, settling in Niagara Falls. In Canada, the name was Anglicised to "Sentineal".
You can view gravestones by surname for Niagara at the following link. There's lots of inof there, and by crossing with Ellis, you can learn a LOT!
http://www.niagarafalls.ca/city_hall/de ... /index.asp
I jsut saw your query on Santinello.
My family includes Santaniello, and they are from Lauro/Quindici.
They are searchable on the Ellis site. They emmigrated first to NY State, then spread out.
Many later migrated to Canada, settling in Niagara Falls. In Canada, the name was Anglicised to "Sentineal".
You can view gravestones by surname for Niagara at the following link. There's lots of inof there, and by crossing with Ellis, you can learn a LOT!
http://www.niagarafalls.ca/city_hall/de ... /index.asp
- JamesBianco
- Staff

- Posts: 879
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Westfield, MA.
- Contact:
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
My great-grandmother was from Quindici, and is related to many of the Santaniello's who lived here in Springfield.joe4227 wrote:Hi!
I jsut saw your query on Santinello.
My family includes Santaniello, and they are from Lauro/Quindici.
http://www.niagarafalls.ca/city_hall/de ... /index.asp
I made a website on her family here:
http://www.jamesbianco.com/page4.html
What other Quindici families are in your ancestry? I have...
Fusco, Sinischalchi, Manzi, Scibelli, Santaniello (aka Santanello in the USA), Rega, Torino, Lumardo, Grasso, Bossone, Ventre & Scala to name a few.
Jim Bianco
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
Hi, James!
I have run across the Scibelli surname recently, too.
From what I can figure out, the Santaniello's, Vitale's, Renzullo's and others often married distant cousins, so the same surnames keep cropping up.
The emmigration seems to go through Ellis, mainly to NY, then some settled in NY City, while others dispersed even to Niagara and Toronto.
Even today, I have cousins who grew up in Canada, but live NY State, and vice versa.
I will check out your link.
I have run across the Scibelli surname recently, too.
From what I can figure out, the Santaniello's, Vitale's, Renzullo's and others often married distant cousins, so the same surnames keep cropping up.
The emmigration seems to go through Ellis, mainly to NY, then some settled in NY City, while others dispersed even to Niagara and Toronto.
Even today, I have cousins who grew up in Canada, but live NY State, and vice versa.
I will check out your link.
- dsiniscalchi
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 00:00
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
My nonna was a Santaniello from Quinicic, I did not realize some settle in Niagara falls, I live roughly 15 min from there, I also have family in Springfield as well, Farentino(Mom) & Siniscalchi(Dad) thank you for the links
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
If you use the cemetary lookup for Niagara (it covers all the local cemetaries) you can start with Clemente Santaniello (1874-1943). I believe he is the primary ancestor.
His mother was Lucia Scibelli from Quindici.
Clemente was married to my grand-aunt, Amelia Vitale, from Lauro. There are Ellis records for both of them, and Census records up to 1911.
The primary newspaper in Niagara has always been the Evening Review. You can try the Niagara Falls Public Library's Digital Collection at the following link to look for obits, births, marriages etc.. (link below).
Remember to check Sentineal for Santaniello, and Mitchell for Muccioli, etc.
I found a lot of these people by guessing at their anglo names from the Ellis records, then searching the 1911 Census for Niagara for both versions, and finally checking whatever names I found against the photos of the gravestones on the cemetary site.
This way, you can be pretty sure they are correct.
Digital Colllections:
http://www.nfpl.library.on.ca/nfplindex ... sp?db=cari
His mother was Lucia Scibelli from Quindici.
Clemente was married to my grand-aunt, Amelia Vitale, from Lauro. There are Ellis records for both of them, and Census records up to 1911.
The primary newspaper in Niagara has always been the Evening Review. You can try the Niagara Falls Public Library's Digital Collection at the following link to look for obits, births, marriages etc.. (link below).
Remember to check Sentineal for Santaniello, and Mitchell for Muccioli, etc.
I found a lot of these people by guessing at their anglo names from the Ellis records, then searching the 1911 Census for Niagara for both versions, and finally checking whatever names I found against the photos of the gravestones on the cemetary site.
This way, you can be pretty sure they are correct.
Digital Colllections:
http://www.nfpl.library.on.ca/nfplindex ... sp?db=cari
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
Hello. I am researching my family name of Santinello. It is NOT spelled Santaniello-- that was another family in Springfield, Mass. My great grandfather was named Pasquale Santinello, his wife was Jennie although her birth name was Giovannina/Giovanna, and they had a farm in Agawam, Mass. Their oldest son was my grandfather John born around 1912. He married Leonora Grippo from Enfield (Thompsonville), Conn. I only know the name of one other of their children besides my grandfather John, and that is Rosie, although I think there were about 4 or 5 total. I could get their names. We don't know where they came from in Italy but it seems a lot of families in Spfld came from Naples. So, do you think this could be the same Santinellos? BTW, no one went to Canada, they stayed in the western Mass.and Conn. area. How did you say you were related to them?
Re: Santanello or Santinello, Pasquale and Jennie
Hi, I understand that the surname in USA appearing Santinello, as a well this surname also exist in Italy..
but I believe that abt your ancestor, maybe it could be no right.... and it could be a wrong version of original italian spelling..
I found the your ancestors in 1920 census:
Santoreillo
United States Census, 1920
Name: Santoreillo
Event Type: Census
Event Year: 1920
Event Place: Agawam, Hampden, Massachusetts, United States
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Marital Status: Widowed (married)
Race: White
Race (Original): White
Can Read: No
Can Write: No
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Own or Rent: Own
Birth Year (Estimated): 1891
Birthplace: Italy
Immigration Year: 1893
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Household Role Gender Age Birthplace
Santoreillo Head M 29 Italy
Santoreillo Wife F 26 Italy
John Santoriello Son M 11 Massachusetts
Francis Santoriello Daughter F 6 Massachusetts
Charles Santoriello Son M 5 Massachusetts
Tony Santoriello Son M 3 Massachusetts
Emily Santoriello Daughter F 1 Massachusetts (aka Carmela/Cammella)
the children names are the same also here:
I believe that this is Pasquale Santinello family in 1930 census:
Patsy Santinello
United States Census, 1930
Name: Patsy Santinello
Event Type: Census
Event Year: 1930
Event Place: Agawam, Hampden, Massachusetts, United States
Gender: Male
Age: 38
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Race (Original): White
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Birth Year (Estimated): 1892
Birthplace: Italy
Immigration Year: 1905
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Household Role Gender Age Birthplace
Patsy Santinello Head M 38 Italy
Jennie Santinello Wife F 36 Italy
John Santinello Son M 20 Massachusetts
Frances Santinello Daughter F 18 Massachusetts
Charles Santinello Son M 15 Massachusetts
Anthony Santinello Son M 13 Massachusetts
Commella Santinello Daughter F 12 Massachusetts
Frank Santinello Son M 8 Massachusetts
Rose Santinello Daughter F 5 Massachusetts
Nicklaus Santinello Son M 2 Massachusetts
in 1940:
Patsy Santinello
United States Census, 1940
Name: Patsy Santinello
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1940
Event Place: Agawam Town, Hampden, Massachusetts, United States
Gender: Male
Age: 52
Marital Status: Married
Race (Original): White
Race: White
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Year (Estimated): 1888
Last Place of Residence: Same House
Household Role Gender Age Birthplace
Patsy Santinello Head M 52 Italy
Jennie Santinello Wife F 49 Italy
Anthony Santinello Son M 23 Massachusetts
Carmella Santinello Daughter F 21 Massachusetts
Frank Santinello Son M 17 Massachusetts
Rose Santinello Daughter F 15 Massachusetts
Nicolas Santinello Son M 12 Massachusetts
Yolanda Santinello Daughter F 8 Massachusetts
the oldest son, John Santinello in 1940 census:
John Santinello
United States Census, 1940
Name: John Santinello
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1940
Event Place: Ward 3, Springfield, Springfield City, Hampden, Massachusetts, United States
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Marital Status: Married
Race (Original): White
Race: White
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Birthplace: Massachusetts
Birth Year (Estimated): 1911
Last Place of Residence: Same Place
Household Role Gender Age Birthplace
John Santinello Head M 29 Massachusetts
Eleanor Santinello Wife F 25 Connecticut
Janet Santinello Daughter F 3 Connecticut
Patsy Santinello Son M 1 Massachusetts
I believe that the above records are abt your italian ancestors.. I am right?
suanj
but I believe that abt your ancestor, maybe it could be no right.... and it could be a wrong version of original italian spelling..
I found the your ancestors in 1920 census:
Santoreillo
United States Census, 1920
Name: Santoreillo
Event Type: Census
Event Year: 1920
Event Place: Agawam, Hampden, Massachusetts, United States
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Marital Status: Widowed (married)
Race: White
Race (Original): White
Can Read: No
Can Write: No
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Own or Rent: Own
Birth Year (Estimated): 1891
Birthplace: Italy
Immigration Year: 1893
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Household Role Gender Age Birthplace
Santoreillo Head M 29 Italy
Santoreillo Wife F 26 Italy
John Santoriello Son M 11 Massachusetts
Francis Santoriello Daughter F 6 Massachusetts
Charles Santoriello Son M 5 Massachusetts
Tony Santoriello Son M 3 Massachusetts
Emily Santoriello Daughter F 1 Massachusetts (aka Carmela/Cammella)
the children names are the same also here:
I believe that this is Pasquale Santinello family in 1930 census:
Patsy Santinello
United States Census, 1930
Name: Patsy Santinello
Event Type: Census
Event Year: 1930
Event Place: Agawam, Hampden, Massachusetts, United States
Gender: Male
Age: 38
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Race (Original): White
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Birth Year (Estimated): 1892
Birthplace: Italy
Immigration Year: 1905
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Household Role Gender Age Birthplace
Patsy Santinello Head M 38 Italy
Jennie Santinello Wife F 36 Italy
John Santinello Son M 20 Massachusetts
Frances Santinello Daughter F 18 Massachusetts
Charles Santinello Son M 15 Massachusetts
Anthony Santinello Son M 13 Massachusetts
Commella Santinello Daughter F 12 Massachusetts
Frank Santinello Son M 8 Massachusetts
Rose Santinello Daughter F 5 Massachusetts
Nicklaus Santinello Son M 2 Massachusetts
in 1940:
Patsy Santinello
United States Census, 1940
Name: Patsy Santinello
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1940
Event Place: Agawam Town, Hampden, Massachusetts, United States
Gender: Male
Age: 52
Marital Status: Married
Race (Original): White
Race: White
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Year (Estimated): 1888
Last Place of Residence: Same House
Household Role Gender Age Birthplace
Patsy Santinello Head M 52 Italy
Jennie Santinello Wife F 49 Italy
Anthony Santinello Son M 23 Massachusetts
Carmella Santinello Daughter F 21 Massachusetts
Frank Santinello Son M 17 Massachusetts
Rose Santinello Daughter F 15 Massachusetts
Nicolas Santinello Son M 12 Massachusetts
Yolanda Santinello Daughter F 8 Massachusetts
the oldest son, John Santinello in 1940 census:
John Santinello
United States Census, 1940
Name: John Santinello
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1940
Event Place: Ward 3, Springfield, Springfield City, Hampden, Massachusetts, United States
Gender: Male
Age: 29
Marital Status: Married
Race (Original): White
Race: White
Relationship to Head of Household (Original): Head
Relationship to Head of Household: Head
Birthplace: Massachusetts
Birth Year (Estimated): 1911
Last Place of Residence: Same Place
Household Role Gender Age Birthplace
John Santinello Head M 29 Massachusetts
Eleanor Santinello Wife F 25 Connecticut
Janet Santinello Daughter F 3 Connecticut
Patsy Santinello Son M 1 Massachusetts
I believe that the above records are abt your italian ancestors.. I am right?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

