Help reading manifest

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
koch13
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Apr 2007, 00:00

Help reading manifest

Post by koch13 »

I am trying to read who my great-grandfather was joining according to his ship manifest which I've attached (line 4 Giovanni Pasquali). I know it says Loretto, Michigan and he's joining his sister, but I'm not sure about her name. It looks like Louise Nolfanski to me, but I can't find any info on anyone by that name. Also, I'm not sure what it says before Loretto (looks like boa 35). Any help would be greatly appreciated!
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Help reading manifest

Post by vj »

Hi!
One opinion
On line 4 (counting lines down from the top)
I see 'friend? Domenico Martinelli'
Box 35
Valarie
User avatar
MysteryMike
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 102
Joined: 26 Feb 2008, 20:54

Re: Help reading manifest

Post by MysteryMike »

Domenic Martinelli?

Loretta, Michigan...

I believe the sister you are looking at is for line #5
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: Help reading manifest

Post by misbris »

I agree. He is going to his friend Dominic Martinelli. The sister refers to the next line.
User avatar
koch13
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Apr 2007, 00:00

Re: Help reading manifest

Post by koch13 »

I've been staring at this for a year and never thought about that!! I guess what threw me off was the bracket-like marks on the lines below that made it look like they were grouped together. Thank you for all your help!!
User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 7116
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: Help reading manifest

Post by liviomoreno »

enlarged:
Image
Post Reply