While searching for my great grandfather, Sylvestro FILAMONDO on the Passenger lists to Boston (1820-1891) I found lots of young children on the ship SS Calcutta arriving on Aug 6 1857. The children are mostly young, under 5 with the last name FIGLIO, several Rosa's, age 2. Does anyone know why there were so many children with the last name on this particular ship? They also had different Last Residences.
BTW, I didn't find my great grandfather.
thanks
Elaine
children on the SS Calcutta in 1857 to Boston
-
Elaine Shuman
- Newbie

- Posts: 9
- Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 01:00
Re: children on the SS Calcutta in 1857 to Boston
Hi Elaine:..FIGLIO means son ....FIGLIO not is last name or first name(means son of the traveller) the various place of residence can mean instead where the sons are born, if the head of the family has had various residences in the years, that is moved themselves frequentlyElaine Shuman wrote:While searching for my great grandfather, Sylvestro FILAMONDO on the Passenger lists to Boston (1820-1891) I found lots of young children on the ship SS Calcutta arriving on Aug 6 1857. The children are mostly young, under 5 with the last name FIGLIO, several Rosa's, age 2. Does anyone know why there were so many children with the last name on this particular ship? They also had different Last Residences.
BTW, I didn't find my great grandfather.
thanks
Elaine
