Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I am trying to trace back my family tree... I dont have much information. I was wondering if anyone new anything that could help me in this (my search)
I would love to know when they migrated here to Australia and if my mums grand dad was naturalised.
Any help is great help
thanks
Known surnames- Mollica, Alba, Cannella, Secchitano
I would like to research my family history and find out as much as I can =)
Search records on Australian National Archives site if your family have been Naturalized they should have a record of it.
They have 3 records for Scecchitano - www.naa.gov.au
Regards Lyn
The correct spelling is SCICCHITANO, many times people are not able to find much info because of misspelling. I come from the region of Calabria (Italy) and that name is quite common there.
Very few works have been published in English on the topics of Italian heraldry, nobility and onomatology as these relate to genealogy. Yet all three fields depend upon genealogical research. This concise presentation is not intended as a historical treatise, but rather as a simple guide for those i...