Could someone please translate this certificate of birth for me, Im looking for my grandfather who's name was Louis Carl Di Marco. From his death certificate his fathers name was Salvatore and his mothers full name read Concetta Di Marco?? and his birth date was 10-21-1890 or 10-22-1890 and was from Cammarta, on this document I found his name reads Cologero ??? with the parents names a match but the birth date reads wrong but close. I'm just curious as I cant seem to match a Luigi Carlo Di Marco anywere within the years of 1886 to 1890.
Thanking You
James De Marco
Help With The Translation of an Italian Birth Certificate..
Re: Help With The Translation of an Italian Birth Certificat
Hi,
Hope this helps:
Calogero Di Marco was born on October 22, 1890 and his parents are Salvatore Di Marco and Concetta Di Marco.
Just in case you are beginning your Italian research women are usually recorded with their maiden names in these records.
Debbie
Hope this helps:
Calogero Di Marco was born on October 22, 1890 and his parents are Salvatore Di Marco and Concetta Di Marco.
Just in case you are beginning your Italian research women are usually recorded with their maiden names in these records.
Debbie
Re: Help With The Translation of an Italian Birth Certificat
Hello Debbie,VaDeb wrote:Hi,
Hope this helps:
Calogero Di Marco was born on October 22, 1890 and his parents are Salvatore Di Marco and Concetta Di Marco.
Just in case you are beginning your Italian research women are usually recorded with their maiden names in these records.
Debbie
Thank you for the quick response, would you know the history behind that name Calogero, like Luigi is Louis and Francesco is Frank any ideas with that name as everything seems to be correct here but the first name, as the only information I have to work with on my Grandfather is three diffrent birth years and two different birthdays 10-21 or 10-22 1889 - 90 - 91. I do need to go back and research the year of 1891 as I ran out of time.
Re: Help With The Translation of an Italian Birth Certificat
Hi,
The usual translation for Calogero is Charles.
Debbie
The usual translation for Calogero is Charles.
Debbie

