I found a death record for my great grandfather, Vincenzo De Luca. I cannot tell whether it names his mother or not. Can anyone read it?
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6007/scan0002nd.jpg
Roberto
Another Latin Document
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Another Latin Document
Vincenzo De Luca son of Vincenzo and Vincenza Cagnetta...
Re: Another Latin Document
I can't believe this is your great grandfather's death act: this Vincenzo De Luca died at the age of 1 month. Too much precocious!
L.
L.
Re: Another Latin Document
Does it say one month? I searched and found the name and the father's names matched. I guess I will have to search some more. Obviously, I can't read Latin!! The time frame matched up with some other info I had.
Thanks Luca.
Roberto
Thanks Luca.
Roberto
Re: Another Latin Document
Die 3 ejusdem
De Luca Vincentius fil(ius) Vincentii et Vincenti(ae)
Cagnetto (or Lagnetto) men(sis) 1 obiit, et sepultus in Coemeterio S(anctae) M(ariae)
Magdalenae hu(iu)s Bisaquinii.
Il giorno 3 dello stesso (again: you must check the previous act to find the right month and year)
De Luca Vincenzo figlio di Vincenzo e Vincenza
Cagnetto di mesi 1 morì e (fu) sepolto nel cimitero di Santa Maria
Maddalena di Bisacquino.
L.
De Luca Vincentius fil(ius) Vincentii et Vincenti(ae)
Cagnetto (or Lagnetto) men(sis) 1 obiit, et sepultus in Coemeterio S(anctae) M(ariae)
Magdalenae hu(iu)s Bisaquinii.
Il giorno 3 dello stesso (again: you must check the previous act to find the right month and year)
De Luca Vincenzo figlio di Vincenzo e Vincenza
Cagnetto di mesi 1 morì e (fu) sepolto nel cimitero di Santa Maria
Maddalena di Bisacquino.
L.
Re: Another Latin Document
Grazie di nuovo Luca. It is amazing that you can actually read that, no less translate.
The date was 3 Aug 1896 which was the time frame of my Vincenzo's death. With the father's name the same, I guess I jumped to a bad conclusion. I will be more careful in the future.
Roberto
The date was 3 Aug 1896 which was the time frame of my Vincenzo's death. With the father's name the same, I guess I jumped to a bad conclusion. I will be more careful in the future.
Roberto
Re: Another Latin Document
E' soltanto questione di esperienza: dopo averne trovati a centinaia (se non a migliaia) nelle mie ricerche... ho dovuto per forza adattarmirdel4577 wrote:...It is amazing that you can actually read that, no less translate...
L.
