Surname SAVERIO / Cognome SAVERIO / Apellido SAVERIO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
edsaverio

Surname SAVERIO / Cognome SAVERIO / Apellido SAVERIO

Post by edsaverio »

Hello everybody:

Is there a chance to ask you to please provide me some data about this last name? This is actually my last name. But I've been searching over the internet about my last name for years without great results. As far as I know I've found on the web that Saverio is a name, not a last name. I'm really curious about this.

Unfortunately my background history is very very poor. My great great grandfather's name was Natalio Saverio. He had no middle name. He came to America (Latin America, Ecuador to be exact) around the 1900s. According to some old people, he came here with two brothers but he stayed in Ecuador, and the other ones emigrate to Argentina and/or Brazil. This is all I know!

Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hay alguna oportunidad de que por favor me puedan proveer de informacion acerca de este apellido? Este es mi apellido. He estado buscando por internet informacion sobre esto por años pero no he encontrado buenos resultados. Hasta lo que puedo saber y he encontrado por internet, Saverio es un nombre, no un apellido. Tengo mucha curiosidad sobre esto.

Desafortunadamente los antecedentes de mi historia familiar son muy pobres. Mi tatarabuelo se llamaba Natalio Saverio. No tenia segundo nombre. El vino a America (Latinoamerica, Ecuador para ser exacto), en los 1900s. De acuerdo a lo que dicen muchas personas de mayor edad, el llego a America con dos hermanos, pero el se quedo aqui, en Ecuador, y los otros dos tomaron rumbos distintos, hacia Argentina y/o Brasil. Es todo lo que se!

Gracias de antemano.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Surname SAVERIO / Cognome SAVERIO / Apellido SAVERIO

Post by wldspirit »

Alot of Saverio immigrated to Argentina:

This site is free, but you must register:

Radici

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Saverio is a variant of the base surname SAVERI is found mostly in the south central Italy as Saverio coming into main stream in the late renaissance following the popularityof Saint Francis Saverio di Loyola of Pamplona Spain as Francisco De Jassu Xavier. The name Xavier (Javier) isderived from SAVIER.

You may wish to see the distributiion of the Saveri and Saverio distribution as surname thruout Italy by going to www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi and put the surname in the upper left corner. =Peter=
~Peter~
edsaverio

Post by edsaverio »

Thank you very much!!

Apparently the radicci website is busy, everytime I make a search it says "connection timeout (60)"

Thanks anyway!! At least I know a little bit about Saverio origins... haha
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The radici website gives you the names of immigrants to Argentina, Braziland the USA but leaves out town of origin so is useful if you know name you seek and date or year of birth if you are seeking someone arriving in South America. Usually www.ellisisland.org for the USA has bulk of arrivals at NYC. Others entered thru Boston, Philadelphia.,Baltimore, New Orleans. =Peter=
~Peter~
edsaverio

Post by edsaverio »

Oh I see!! So I need to know my great grandfather's brothers names...thanks
leandro zaccarias

Post by leandro zaccarias »

Hi
I am looking for some documentation from my family too. My Great grand mother was celene maria Savéria,..( a littl bit similar) but the point is the place I found It!
Lots and Lot's of Italians came mainly in SaoPaulo state in Brazil in te 1900's due to the cofee cultive.
Try to ask the "registro de imigrantes - RE"( Immigrant register) in the "arquivo do Estado" ( Files of the State) web site. If you know more informations is better.
bye and good luck

Leandro Zaccarias
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, maybe your Natalio SAVERIO ( Natale SAVERIO) came in Argentina before of to go in Ecuador; maybe this record could be helpful:

Argentina, National Census, 1895 for Natalio Saverio

Name: Natalio Saverio
Residence: Ciudad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Estimated Birth Year: 1870
Birth Province:
Birth Nation: Italia
Marital Status: Soltero
Film Number: 722023
Digital Folder Number: 004162440

regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery