BRANCA family, from southern italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Stefan

BRANCA family, from southern italy

Post by Stefan »

hello

i'm a descendant of Vincenzo Branca, who was born about 1900. i dont know exactly where he lived, but i suppose it was Maida or Cortale. He married Teresa Feraina, and had several childs. giuseppe, mario, pascuale, alfonsina, ines, ...,
i'm looking for connections from my family to an american branche of the branca-family

and i am looking for Vincenzo's parents or brothers, and i need exact dates about them

can u help me?

greetings from switzerland
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: BRANCA family, from southern italy

Post by ptimber »

Maida and Cortale are both in catanzaro province of calabria and there are currently 6 Branca in Maida and none in Cortale (www.paginebianche.it,1st and 3rd and click CERCA). If you wantg to conduct research on the family with dates you can go to the nearest family history library of the Mormon church in your area and rent out the microfilm of the civil records for Maida and Cortale which both date from 1809 to 1861. You can obtain subsequent documents from the Ufficio di Stato Civile in each town ( In Italy all records and documents are in the city, town and village of ORIGIN). by requesting same in italian (www.circolocalabrese.org for form letters) if youknow full name and date or year of birth. Peter
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

which both date from 1809 to 1861
where do u have this information from?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

What seems to be your problem?? Peter
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

i only wondered that u know exactly from when to when te dates have been recorded.. and maybe these informations are on the internet, so i also could look at them..

i dont know if there, in south italy, is a mormon center.. my grandfather (giuseppe; vincenzo's son) emigrated to switzerland in the 1950. now, i live in switzerland. and if here's a mormon center, i dont think that they have italian datas.

i wrote an email to the circolocalabrese, but didnt recept any answer yet..

i need to know Vincenzo's parents and his brothers and if maybe one of them emigrated to america (usa, canada and argentina; maybe also other countries, but i dont know anything about these branches of the family)

i thank you for your help and apologize if my english is too bad

stefan
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Stefan The mormon family history library is near your home in Switzerland ...not in Italy and www.circolocalabrese.org is a website where you go to FORMS on lower left. What is full name of people you are looking for.? Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Stefan wrote:i only wondered that u know exactly from when to when te dates have been recorded.. and maybe these informations are on the internet, so i also could look at them..

i dont know if there, in south italy, is a mormon center.. my grandfather (giuseppe; vincenzo's son) emigrated to switzerland in the 1950. now, i live in switzerland. and if here's a mormon center, i dont think that they have italian datas.

i wrote an email to the circolocalabrese, but didnt recept any answer yet..

i need to know Vincenzo's parents and his brothers and if maybe one of them emigrated to america (usa, canada and argentina; maybe also other countries, but i dont know anything about these branches of the family)

i thank you for your help and apologize if my english is too bad

stefan
Hi: for better Branca's search in USA I council to insert your message also in other forum, for exemple
http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?f=sea ... ca&filter=
Ciao, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

DXear Stefan when you go to the family history library of the Mormon church near your home in Switzerland you will rent the microfilm of the civil records for both towns that I told you. There you can view the microfilms on the viewingmachines they have. There is no internet listing. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Stefan the thought occurs rto me that you should go to www.gfoogle.com and insert int he title BRANCA ITALY GENEALOGY for all references to Branca surname research. Peter
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

hi all!

i thank you for your replies

does every mormon center on every location on earth have the records of all towns in the world? i will go to the center near my home

i' am looking for vincenzo branca. he was born about 1910, had his children in they 30ies. and if possible i also would like to know his father, his brothers, his oncles, for crating a family tree and find the branche that emigratet to usa

i'll go read the pages u gave me

cu

stefan
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Stefan,

Each Morman Family History Center can order the microfilm you need. They send to Salt Lake City, Utah for the microfilm and notify you when they arrive. Then you usually have 3 weeks to view the films without renewing.

A Family History Center will have some microfilm in their center permanently. Usually it is local records. But once a patron renews a film 3 times that film becomes part of the permanent collection. This is how it works at the centers I have been in. So you do need to check their collection, as you may luck out and someone has used microfilm records from the village in Italy you are interested in and the microfilm is there. But this is dosen't happen often.

Before you go, visit the Mormon web site and print out the films available for the village you are interested in. That way you will have the number of the microfilm you want ahead of time.

Most Family History Centers have helpful volunteers, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Debbie
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

thanks for your inputs

i wrote a letter to the nearest mormon center, tomorrow i'll throw it into the mailbox, i hope that will help

ptimber, i tried to search in google, at familysearch.com and at ellisisland.org (and a lot of other pages). the problem is, that i found none who came from maida, cortale (or sanbiase, or nicastro; i asked my father)

i also tried to write a letter to the ufficio dello stato civile di cortale, but i didnt find it's postaddress

suanj, your link is very interesting. the problem is, that to open a new thread i must make a payment. and i dont like that through internet. but i try to contact anyone of those persons, maybe they know who was their ancestor who came to america

cu
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Then go back to www.google.com and put in Branca Cortale genealogy and then the next towqn and the next town and the next name. You know very very very well what we are saying... don't play the fool with us. The postale code for Cortale is 88024 and for maida is 88025 so when you write it is Ufficio di Satte Civile and the comune name and Provincia Catanzaro, Calabria Italy..... Per piacere non ci piglia per fesso. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

By the way Stefan WHERE IS THE NEAREST MORMOIN CENTER YOU WROTE A LETTER TO. Please give us the address. Peter
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

ptimber

no sto pigliandoti fesso! no ne ho experience in genealogia!

it is the center in Pratteln, Basel, Switzerland. on the wartenbergstrasse

u make a aggressive impression to me, i dont know why. as i said, i began this week with serahcing aboutmy family and maybe i dont have all the experience u have