I had a letter from my uncle translated from Italian to English. It had no date but was written from the war zone (world war1)The heading said Infantry 92 (or 82) camp hospital 2nd army Val Dobbiano Trevrso. I know that most of the 2nd army was destroyed in Oct 1917 and my family told me that my uncle did die in he war. Anyone have any ideas about the heading that my help me trace when and where he died
Thanks in advance.
Robert
Letter form ww1
Re: Letter form ww1
Some links from google for both 92 and 83..not sure if it helps but I'll put them here anywhere..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/92nd_Infan ... _States%29
http://www.historynet.com/african-ameri ... war-ii.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/82nd_Airbo ... _States%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/92nd_Infan ... _States%29
http://www.historynet.com/african-ameri ... war-ii.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/82nd_Airbo ... _States%29
Re: Letter form ww1
Nuccia
Thank you for the information. I neglected to state that I am looking for information about the Italian Army which my uncle was in. I think the 82/92 would be the regiment number and the Val Dobbiano would be a Battalion designation. I can not find much using Google and searching. Does any one know where to write in Italy for information about the war dead. I know my uncles birth date and location.
Thanks
Robert
Thank you for the information. I neglected to state that I am looking for information about the Italian Army which my uncle was in. I think the 82/92 would be the regiment number and the Val Dobbiano would be a Battalion designation. I can not find much using Google and searching. Does any one know where to write in Italy for information about the war dead. I know my uncles birth date and location.
Thanks
Robert
Re: Letter form ww1
Member Ricbru has provided instructions on obtaining military records from Italy...now to find that particular post....
wldspirit
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Letter form ww1
Hello,
I remember from the picture you sent me, your uncle was in the 92 Italian infantry regiment,
here there is the story of that regiment during ww1 (it is written in italian)
http://www.cimeetrincee.it/basilicata.pdf
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
I remember from the picture you sent me, your uncle was in the 92 Italian infantry regiment,
here there is the story of that regiment during ww1 (it is written in italian)
http://www.cimeetrincee.it/basilicata.pdf
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
Re: Letter form ww1
Hi There,
I wrote a letter to the address below and received a response in just over a month;
Ministero della Difesa
Commissariato General Onoranze
Caduti in Guerra (Onorcaduti)
Via xx settembre, 123/a
ROMA 00187
ITALIA
Hope this helps!
Leanne
I wrote a letter to the address below and received a response in just over a month;
Ministero della Difesa
Commissariato General Onoranze
Caduti in Guerra (Onorcaduti)
Via xx settembre, 123/a
ROMA 00187
ITALIA
Hope this helps!
Leanne
Re: Letter form ww1
The address below also can give you the copy from real death record.
The copy from real death record is also saved at soldier's palce of birth
The address below don't give you the story of the infantry regiment the soldier fought for.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
The copy from real death record is also saved at soldier's palce of birth
The address below don't give you the story of the infantry regiment the soldier fought for.
I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
Leanne82 wrote:Hi There,
I wrote a letter to the address below and received a response in just over a month;
Ministero della Difesa
Commissariato General Onoranze
Caduti in Guerra (Onorcaduti)
Via xx settembre, 123/a
ROMA 00187
ITALIA
Hope this helps!
Leanne
Re: Letter form ww1
I would like to thank every one for your help. The link to the 91 and 92 regiments was interesting , my Italian is limited, but I can follow most of the information.
Re: Letter form ww1
it was our pleasure
bye Riccardo
bye Riccardo




