Translation help needed - Cancilleria del Tribunale

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
italylives4everinmyheart

Translation help needed - Cancilleria del Tribunale

Post by italylives4everinmyheart »

Hi,

I have an 1883 Birth Act of my Great-Grandfather. In the margin are the words:

Cancilleria del Tribunale - of - Cosenza ---- Specifica
??? Registre
Botta per ????
originale
per la spedi?????
per N. _____ ???

The question-marks are the words I cannot make out. The document is so badly damaged that it's hard to read. I was wondering if any one knew what the words are under that subject title and if they knew what it all meant.

I cannot find another document with that notation on it to compare the words.

Thank you for your help.
Frankie
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Translation help needed - Cancilleria del Tribunale

Post by ptimber »

These are file and registration numbers and letters without any significance to you or the document but meant for the custodian of frecords. if you really want to know what all that jibberish is go to the library or bookstore andpiuck up the book Italian Genealogical records by Trafford R. Cole which has illustrations and explanations. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Just in case you want to know the title on top of the record systems it is OFFICE OF THE COURT Cosenza. Peter
italylives4everinmyheart

Post by italylives4everinmyheart »

ptimber wrote:These are file and registration numbers and letters without any significance to you or the document but meant for the custodian of frecords. if you really want to know what all that jibberish is go to the library or bookstore andpiuck up the book Italian Genealogical records by Trafford R. Cole which has illustrations and explanations. Peter
Dear Peter,

First of all, it saddens me to know that in your opinion our ancestors wrote “jibberishâ€Â
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I translated what was there and it was insignificant since it did not relate to you or your family but to the court office internal routing which to my mind is Jibberish. If you do not like the manner of my response to your inquiry then I will always cherish the misconcenptions I have about your posting. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The Book Discovering Your Italian Relatives by Lynn Nelson is an excellent book designed to assist people combing thru the micorfilm of civil records at the family history library. Thanks for the head up....Peter